Vid of High Maintenance in Athens 8-15-09

Then you get a situation just like he is getting. The hitch angle is too shallow and then the chain pulls down on the back of the hitch which in turn lifts on the front mounting point which is in front of the rear axle and trys to pick the front of the truck up. Then the rear tires lose traction a little bit and it drops the front then they grab again and lifts the front back up. And it does this over and over again, giving you a bounce. Just my two cents, and what do I know?

I am just going off of a couple provin trucks such as my own..... Not any brain surgery here. :) just another gasser guy! :)

I am just going off of a couple provin trucks such as my own..... Not any brain surgery here. :) just another gasser guy! :)

It is a valid idea, but with the extra weight of the diesel and the longer frames wonder if it is as big of a deal.

What is the average chain length?

Same here, just another gasser guy! Do like tthomp said, over the rear axle, not above the frame. Keep it simple!

you are right , when I did my ford conversion puller I had to take all the extra springs out of the front (sleddy told me to ) so the axle could move up and down very easy. and it workked very well. and I also had to go to 35 spline axle conversion on the dana 60 cause it kept snaping the stock stub axles off.

Those were 35 spline outers that I got from Ben Miller. I've now replaced them both with new ones from Moser. I guess Ben weakened them a bit.

Back