Vp injector questions

CL2000

So I have been out of the diesel game for a while now. I ended up putting a vp back on my truck. Im looking for a injector that runs clean but makes good power. I'd like 100-150hp injectors. Running a comp box, 64/71 and a diesel pros drop in cam. I know from past experience I don't like Vco injectors. So what the injector choice these days for a vp truck. I'll be towing but nothing to heavy. I do daily drive the truck still. Biggest thing is I want good clean power.

Turbo may be a bit large for clean towing. I run silver bullet 64 and it would probably be too laggy for towing and I run Mach 6 or 7 injectors.........smokey also if you dont watch your foot.

I have a set of new style ddp125hp injectors. Your welcome to try them.

I have a set of 7x11 mini sac nozzles on mine. Alittle haze under harder acceleration with the box turned off. But clean under normal driving. I usually never even turn on the fms bluechip box as it has plenty of power with a hx35.

Whatever you do just stay away from edge injectors haha. I know they don't make them anymore but that's what in my truck and they suck. Hot and smokey like you wouldn't believe. Cpp and Weston make some really good ones.

I bet those 125 from Ponci would be plenty. I wouldn't want that 64/71/14 for a VP truck if you are towing and wanting to run clean. I'd go with a smaller turbine and 12 or 13cm housing, maybe the 63/68.

For fueling on my DD 99 I run a set of extrude honed, sac, 7x10 RV275's from St.Joe's on an other wise mostly stock 24v. I have been very happy with these injectors & there "all around" capabilities. With an S.O. Vp & Edge JwA on stock or level 1 there is little to no smoke. Level 2 is great for towng, smoke is totally controllable & egt's typically never exceed 1050-1150. 3-4 are great for DD but can get warm & smokey when towing. I really can't cant comment on high rpm capabilities as it's just not set up for that yet. It's got a NV4500, factory 3.55's, & run 315's so it's geared fairly tall but it is fairly light for a ECLB with a Hillsboro aluminum flat bed. Usually see 15-17.5mpg. Idle is clean so long as it's not real cold & they have been great for towing & DD. The truck feels nice and snappy. Egt's are typically 750ish* cruising unloaded & and 950-1050 when towing. I can only recall seeing 1250* one time while towing even with the old HX-35 & I usually didn't see over 1150 at any given time when towing. Overall has been a nice cool running Setup so far. One of the cool things I've noticed is that the truck can be driven virtually smoke free when romping set on the lower levels or even when set on kill just have to take a little more time. When cranked up & horsing around they kind of go Dr.Jeckel/Mr. Hyde and can really black things out. The fuel is really there and truck is currently getting air/motor upgrades. Set at 5 or 6 the truck runs like a s.o.b up to 3250-3450 but by then it's time to slow the f* down. :hehe: Have seen up to 1250-1300* momentary when horsing around. I know the VP has it's quirks but I have really enjoyed this setups adjustability of power and the ability to limit smoke to appropriate levels. Sorry for the long winded post. Just my $.02, hope it helps man.

I bet those 125 from Ponci would be plenty. I wouldn't want that 64/71/14 for a VP truck if you are towing and wanting to run clean. I'd go with a smaller turbine and 12 or 13cm housing, maybe the 63/68.

Thanks for the info guys. I'm aiming towards a 7x010 micro blind sac. You read my mind on the housing, that's been my plan to buy a 12cm housing. I'd like to find out what tips the ddps are. I know I had older ones at one point and didn't like them.

Back