VP Revo

BigB82789

Those who have it, post whats working and what isn't.

I just made a test run and SW6, Torque 6, timing default, Duration 4, ran clean and smooth.

Is there any extra power or it just mixing the SW's different features? More details as to what all it can do?

I didn't feel anymore power, just different variations on how its is set-up..

Now the truck idles 100 rpm lower when in gear than it did before. I actually killed the truck going into reverse today. I do have a tight converter, but its never bogged like it does now.

I just updated my software today and took the truck for a spin. With the smarty sw9 and the 3 adjustable parameters at their max value, I would have to say that there is noticeable difference. How much? Not sure. Does seem to smoke more also. I also did flip on the PMAX3 on level 5 and there was a very noticeable difference as compared to the 'normal' smarty. Will post again tomorrow when I have a little more daylight to test in.

Is this just updated programming for the smarty or a different programmer?

no...yet they continue to trash talk the boxes out there that can go higher in the rpms...

I've had it for a few days now.

I'm very impressed with the new program. All of the programmers and boxes I own only know one setting (kill), so I decided to play around with it on that setting.

I loaded the highest timing setting, the highest duration setting, removed all torque management, and went to SW9. I cannot say I notice a huge difference in either throttle response or power.. BUT.. There is noticeably LESS smoke on the highest setting. Same power, less smoke = great in my book.

I also noticed that the cruise control surge is almost entirely eliminated. I say "almost" only because I was able to get the cruise to surge a little on hills. I usually don't like running cruise on these hills anyway, as EGTs can get out of hand quickly.

Running around town, the REVO is much better than the hold software. You have far better smoke control with the right foot, and you don't end up taking out 4 lanes of traffic if you bump just a little too hard. The smoke is still there if you want it, but you have to REALLY put your foot down to get it to smoke.

I've tried many different version of the SMARTY, dating all the way back to a replacement CaTCHER ECM that I ran for a few years. Without any question, this is the best update and best offering they have produced for the VP crowd yet. I'm going to continue to play with the different settings and see if I can find the "optimal" for my setup.

I would sure like a try this download.
Sent a PM to Bob.:ft:

Hey Bob,

When the TQ setting is at its highest, is that removing 100% of the Tq Management, or is that just the the most that the smarty can remove?

Do it. Just run on the even #'s so there is no added timing. I run the stack everyday and no problems yet....Smarty Revo on 6 and Quads comp tune on 7 is plain gnasty...

With REVO you can run whatever SW you want stacked with ADR. Just set the timing to 1 (stock)

Running REVO at TM 6, IT 1, ID 1 SW#5 and ADR at Comptune PL05 and it :charger:

REVO and ADR Pulse customtuning would probably be the no1 stack in the future :rockwoot::rockwoot:

I am lost.My computer will not let me put the file in the USB download box.I was going to try to find the drivers and remove to start from scratch but can not figure that out either?

Back