Vp44 ECM Calibration???

kuntryboy369

"That Guy"
I saw a 300hp/660tq vp44 calibration on incal the other day at work. Ours small engine guru seems to think a cummins calibration wont work on a dodge applicatrion (but isnt 100% sure).

dose anyone know if a cummins calabration will work on a dodge application??

Its and RV calibration. I haven't heard good things about it in a truck. Rev limit sets to 2500 and its a dog.

its not the 275hp rv calibration. its an australian calibration of some kind. im not even going to guess at engine application.

i can buy calibration passwords at work for $50. i figured 65hp for $50 would be a good deal. i just dont want to recalibrate my ecm, have it not work, swap it back to stock, and be out $100.

That's a lot less money than some people spend to try something that doesn't work...

VERY true.

i know alot of compd members work at dealerships or hotrod shops too. i just assumed someone has tryed this before. knowing my luck with this kind of stuff. asking before i give up on the idea, or waste my money/time would be a good idea.

Last edited:
If anyone has any details of this it would be nice to see the calibration for comparison sake.

i have buddy who is engineere for cummins look into it now. he aparently has a computer program that will compare calibrations side by side :bow: :bow:

nobody has an idea???

I think you will find, it wont work in your truck. The reason is Cummins ECMs use a different Pin out con/f when flashed with there Codes as against Chryslers. Dodge did this to stuff you and Cummins around. Buy there Codes or not at all. If you want to change the wireing of the engine then you can buy a ECM from Cummins for $2000.00 thats here, give them your gearing and tyre size and they will do the RPM MAX to work in with the speed limits. If you tell a white lie maybe you can get RPM lifted to what you want. I to rang a Cummins Tech guy today to ask If the Cummins Code in my ECM has the means to change that 2800 rpm defuel point. He hasn't come back to me yet. Will let you know the out come of that.

Last edited:
Back