vp44 help no power on pin number 7

smokn_ram

Plowboy8550
I don't have power the the number 7 pin on back of my pump. What all has to happen to get the power there? I'm trying to backtrack and eliminate possibilities already switched ecm checked connections and grounds with no luck. Any ideas? If it could be related I don't have high beams on my lights.

I have tried to energize the relay and even run a ground and a hot wire to try and energize number seven according to the service manual 85 is ground and 87 should become energized on the relay.I have had no luck with that. I'm not an electrical guy this is getting me lost quick. I'm assuming the ecm and pcm play a role somewhere and I was trying to isolate the problem. All wires look good but it seems I have a break somewhere

I guess what I'm asking is what makes the relay energized and so on up the chain? 86 will energize the fuel relay and it runs but not wolithout me hot wiring it

There is a key on bus in the fuse box, you can jump it together under the panel if you want to..

Other than that, I can't help, sorry

Thanks for the input. It's easy for me to get tunnel vision with wiring I will post what I find if u can figure it out lol. Maybe someone won't have to go through this treasure hunt..

Here you go... This should help.
ecm3.jpg

2002-Dodge-Wiring-pg3.jpg

Looks like pin 36 on the ECM sends the power to the relay which in turn sends the power to the injection pump. So if it isn't a relay issue then it is internal in the ECM.

There is a fuse that sends the constant power to the relay for the injection pump as well. Located in the fuse box on the fender.

Thanks for all the help and diagrams that helps alot truck is running now haven't found the problem but it must have been a connection or ground issue can't make it do it again so hopefully it won't do it again.

Back