Vp44 third cylinder warm up

blue2002

My 3rd cylinder warm up has stopped coming on. The truck will idle up but right when it should kick over to the 3rd cylinder it just stays at high idle. O tap the throttle it starts idling.

What could be keeping it from doing the 3rd cylinder warm up?

It was like 35 degrees also.

My 3rd cylinder warm up has stopped coming on. The truck will idle up but right when it should kick over to the 3rd cylinder it just stays at high idle. O tap the throttle it starts idling.

What could be keeping it from doing the 3rd cylinder warm up?

It was like 35 degrees also.

Do you mean the alternate cylinder shutdown? I am pretty sure it won't kick on until well under 35 degrees, I was thinking it was 15 or something?

Definitely down in the teens. There was a "kit" to fool the iat into thinking it was colder to force it activate.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

My 2001 started doing this last year and I never figured out why it started, all of a sudden. I didn't know if Smarty had it in their programming or what's going on. As far as I know, nothing has been changed other than maybe putting the smarty back to stock.

It is supposed to be in the smarty. That being said, my truck rarely ever does the 3cyl thing, and even the regular high idle less than I figured it would.

The smarty automatically loads the high idle programming and it stays even if you return it to stock.

Back