w/a intercooler setup

02dirtymax

I am looking into doing a water to air intercooler on my puller. Is there anything wrong with putting it between the stock intercooler and the intake bridge or should I bypass the stock intercooler? This is just going to be the intercooler, ice box, and a pump because it will only be for the pulling track. I will not be using the water to air cooler on the street. I think it will be easier to leave the stock intercooler plumbed in so I can switch the truck back to street driving mode easier and also would not have to fab up so much plumbing. I guess my question is will having both the stock air to air and the new water to air intercooler interrupt flow too much or will leaving the stock intercooler plumbed in not really matter.

for street use its a good idea in my opinion. as long as the A/W is downstream of the A/A.

Good, the truck isn't quite far enough along to be a dedicated puller year round; it is just dedicated for pulling season as of now.

You can just leave the a/w in the even on teh street it just wont be doing any cooling.

I run a Spearco a/a and it then goes into the biggest a/w I could get then to my intake plenum. The intake plenum will sweat before it melts the ice.

Doing it this way gets you two things, more volume of air to keep big chargers lit and also extra cooling wich makes your ice last longer since the temps going into the a/w is already knocked down some. Hot side of my a/a is take your skin off hot, cold side will be hot but can almost keep your hand on it cold side of a/w will be sweating cold.

Back