"wake up shunshine"

I do understand taking the torque out, easier on drive train and block structure. But most of us love torque that's why we got into diesel in the first place. Look at what Ryan did with all the torque he was making, went fast with lower hp more torque. Torque gets work done. If we could harness all the torque we can make what would go faster, the higher hp or the higher torque?

Sorry not that i have much to add on the topic other then Airflow is where we can make some of the most advancements!

Correct on the airflow. These M-57 BMW engines are four baby valves in a baby cylinder and the head will outflow a 12 valve head at certain lifts.

I wouldn't have a clue on what would ultimately be the fastest. If you run with the theory, the lighter stuff wins in a race.

In pulling, you won't beat the tractor power with a racing engine. You will see at UCC if I can get this thing going. Already planning a shift pattern with really low finals. If I let my engine get even the slightest bit low in rpm's, I'll be done.

I guess as is with everything else, a fine line may exist in this theory when too much is too far.

Last edited:
Correct on the airflow. These M-57 BMW engines are four baby valves in a baby cylinder and the head will outflow a 12 valve head at certain lifts.

I wouldn't have a clue on what would ultimately be the fastest. If you run with the theory, the lighter stuff wins in a race.

In pulling, you won't beat the tractor power with a racing engine. You will see at UCC if I can get this thing going. Already planning a shift pattern with really low finals. If I let my engine get even the slightest bit low in rpm's, I'll be done.

I guess as is with everything else, a fine line may exist in this theory when too much is too far.
Build a light engine, race a light flywheel, pull a heavy flywheel.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Hanging for ?

If you want to use CompD as your "Facebook" then keep those posts in the off-topic forums. If this thread is supposed to be a tech thread, which I can't even tell anymore, then there is about 1 page out of 6 that contains potentially useful information.

I'd also caution you on calling out moderators, whether they are green, orange, or red. Mods are here to keep this place in check (see above). Quoting your own posts and making several posts in a row when there is a multi-quote feature only adds confusion and removes clarity from the message you are trying to convey. We can all read here, and read your posts the first time; you don't need to re-quote them to try and get your point across.

First off, are you a black man?? Did that hanging thing offend you?

I was not calling out anyone. Go back and look at the ridiculous posts he follows me with. He is representing competition diesel???

On topic for this thread now. What's the bro code on hooking up with your friends ex? That a go or nah?

Seriously though, the local that won the light pro points and qualified for the enderle "says" he's running a 4.3". Somewhere between that and 4.5" seems common.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

To kinda get the thread back on track.this is my $0.02.

Like I had mentioned before, you need to do some basics like graph the position/velocity/acceleration of a piston in relation to crank angle for different rod/stroke ratios. That will coincide with the light/heavy rotating mass you explained to us "internet idiots.'

Second, dynamic combustion pressure data. That will be the holy Grail of information if you are going to try and push the limits.

Injection systems, my opinion is ditch the mechanical idea but that is my opinion

On topic for this thread now. What's the bro code on hooking up with your friends ex? That a go or nah?

Seriously though, the local that won the light pro points and qualified for the enderle "says" he's running a 4.3". Somewhere between that and 4.5" seems common.

I have no idea what he's running, but here's a link to a website about the pulling team. Interesting sidenote, the friend he started building the tractor with is my brother-in-laws uncle!
Meet the Team | The Boss Pulling Team

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What is more important in dealing with an air pump and the valves/ports that feed this pump, port velocity or port volume? I know one is not good without the other either way.

Reason I ask, the head on this Redline engine looks to me to be ported quite to the extreme. The Water Warhead sorta matches top and bottom on the port openings (using steel intake plate) and run straight in. The Redline head is really large at the openings and gets smaller on back in there.

Just wondering if I should keep the ports small so that air is screaming into the cylinder with lots of swirl velocity or go ahead and open them up just a tad?? I am certainly going to radius the openings to compliment my rear feed intake.

I know it might make for some difficult rockers, lol, but what if a fella canted the seats and guides just enough to facilitate a little larger intake valve? Looks like lots of meat up in there around the guides on the Warhead.

I know it might make for some difficult rockers, lol, but what if a fella canted the seats and guides just enough to facilitate a little larger intake valve? Looks like lots of meat up in there around the guides on the Warhead.

How about moving the cylinder head dowels, modify the head bolt holes as necessary, and scoot the head back on the block to get bigger valves in? I wouldn't imagine you'd go far enough to cause pushrod problems.

I haven't had a warhead in my hands, but usually there's a bit of room between the exhaust valve and the bore.

To kinda get the thread back on track.this is my $0.02.

Like I had mentioned before, you need to do some basics like graph the position/velocity/acceleration of a piston in relation to crank angle for different rod/stroke ratios. That will coincide with the light/heavy rotating mass you explained to us "internet idiots.'

Second, dynamic combustion pressure data. That will be the holy Grail of information if you are going to try and push the limits.

Injection systems, my opinion is ditch the mechanical idea but that is my opinion

Tobin you are still hanging so thanks. I'm not doubting what you are saying but it is going over my head. Anyway you could break what you are saying down just a bit more? Give us some numbers and examples to go by.

Will anyone argue with me when I make the statement that the inline six crankshaft is way stronger and more efficient than the v-8 crankshaft.

When you argue, you have to give back-up. No just your Uncles-sisters brother told ya so.

Seen this last night on Facebook, say they're not afraid of a few revs!
d885ca6c2b0c5c28b655708e93756e30.jpg

Exactly the class I would point anyone to for justification of my theory. One of my first statements to Craig Liberty was, I want you to imagine a pro stock car that weighs 4500# and has just a tiny bit less RPM range and a whole pile more on the torque. Lol ...no joke.

No doubt the most innovative, competitive class to ever grace my life. I was just remembering this evening, one of my all time favorite Racers/Mentors has always been Bob Glidden. I milked cows when I was in late grade school and Jr. High. One of the main reasons for my wrestling success was my hand strength at that young age. My Dad got us some tickets to the 1986 running of the "Spring Nationals" in Columbus, OH. One of my main goals was to shake Bob Glidden's hand. After standing in line for what seamed like hours, was a man I nearly equaled in height at my young age looking at me with that smoker face and pretty much covered in what I would guess now to be clutch dust. I held out my hand and got a real handshake. I knew right then that was one hard working man.

Bob kicked a$$ that day as was the norm back then. After watching Bob on TV come to his senses the day he done a gazillion barrel rolls, he quickly removed his jacket and covered up his intake. Here is a man who's wife is right there, his kids, the TV, it is a lot of drama... and the man has the where-with-all to cover up something that was giving him an edge.

I later done some research and don't care to dig it up now, but, does anyone know the true story behind Bob's lawsuit against Ford?

Exactly the class I would point anyone to for justification of my theory. One of my first statements to Craig Liberty was, I want you to imagine a pro stock car that weighs 4500# and has just a tiny bit less RPM range and a whole pile more on the torque. Lol ...no joke.

No doubt the most innovative, competitive class to ever grace my life. I was just remembering this evening, one of my all time favorite Racers/Mentors has always been Bob Glidden. I milked cows when I was in late grade school and Jr. High. One of the main reasons for my wrestling success was my hand strength at that young age. My Dad got us some tickets to the 1986 running of the "Spring Nationals" in Columbus, OH. One of my main goals was to shake Bob Glidden's hand. After standing in line for what seamed like hours, was a man I nearly equaled in height at my young age looking at me with that smoker face and pretty much covered in what I would guess now to be clutch dust. I held out my hand and got a real handshake. I knew right then that was one hard working man.

Bob kicked a$$ that day as was the norm back then. After watching Bob on TV come to his senses the day he done a gazillion barrel rolls, he quickly removed his jacket and covered up his intake. Here is a man who's wife is right there, his kids, the TV, it is a lot of drama... and the man has the where-with-all to cover up something that was giving him an edge.

I later done some research and don't care to dig it up now, but, does anyone know the true story behind Bob's lawsuit against Ford?
I remember that like it was yesterday, he had cut his Holley dominater carbs in the middle and spaced them over the ports. It was on tv for about 3 seconds till he threw his jacket over it.

Since I'm not allowed to quote myself, back few post their, I asked for arguments as to why the L-six design was stronger and more efficient.

This was an easy one. It has to do with main bearings and journals as well as what Tobin is making an attempt to talk about.

Just wanted to compare a few videos.

The first is of Bodacious at the Newtown, VA track. Listen to the rpms. I had a recall tach in her before the crash so I know what the combo will do rpm wise. Don't cheat and go back, just give me a guess at what the top rpm you hear is. This was also with that screwed up Ag gov pump I have.

CUMMINS POWERED DODGE D50 SAND DRAG TRUCK - YouTube

Now take a listen to the Cat truck about 3.35 in the next link:

PPL 2017: Americas Pull - Henry, IL Winners Video - YouTube

What is your guess at this engines top RPM??

Because I'm stupid, I've put thought into this. Actually think-tanked it a few years ago over several weeks. Here's the deal, Tobin already touched it, the burn rate of diesel. Audi can afford to have custom diesel made, and they're not using a janky, mechanical, antique platform. Find someone that has real, accurate, in cylinder pressure data, and you'll find your grail. Unfortunately it's not in a Cummins, or something someone short of a multimillionaire can conjure.

Also, 5.9L piston speed is 4720fpm at 6000rpm, since that's been brought back up

I quoted ya here Pudge for the piston speed part. I knew something didn't appear correct to me. I went back down and looked on the block wall and I found a faded out zero. lol

So just so you all can check my math and this is a very important part of what I aim to do, here are my calcs.

I need to know how many feet are in the circumference of the crank radius.

4.72441 x 2PI = 29.68434" convert to feet /12 = 2.47370 multiply by crank speed in R/M x 6000RPM = 14,842 F/M

Zach apparently told me 12,000 - 15000 F/M lol

See, I'm the biggest idiot in this discussion. LOL

I have also seen no replies to post #135.

I received a letter I have been waiting on dealing with protecting my engine idea. I am protected the best way I know how and besides, talking about it on here sorta gives me the proof I need with all the witnesses.

You would have to be a real piece of $hit to take off riding on this coat tail. This includes anyone from abroad that may be listening in.

It really isn't my idea, It sorta came to me one night up at my Brother-in-Laws garage.

I will start revealing more and more about it as long as you folks stay involved. ...lol, whether it be good or bad.

Last edited:
Inline has more mains, more support. I'd guess over 4k rpms. As long as it's all balanced right, I was told almost 10yrs ago that the pumps where capable of 7500rpm. Was on a truck the make peak power at 5200rpm.

Back