Want to do a 6.7 vp

CL2000

So I have a 2000 and I want to make it more or less smog legal and more drivable again. The problems with it being a low compression p pump 24v it runs dirty and fuel mileage isn't great. I can get a smoking deal on a 6.7 short block. I want to go back to vp with a 6.7 short block. I know what it takes to get the vp timing case on a 6.7 block. My concern is the crank sensor pickup wheel. Is anyone making a kit to mount a standard 24v crank ring on the balancer like a cr? I tried calling Haisley and monster pump mike but we all know he is reall easy to get ahold of. Has anyone done it like this? Second could a standard 5.9 storm block be bored to 4.20 to take stock 6.7 pistons and could the crank be machined to accept a standard 24v crank sensor ring

I'm all for doing something different....but why in the world would you pick "different" to be a "6.7 VP truck?"

Throw that VP in a pond already. :D

If you have a 2001 ECM setup it probably wouldn't be too bad. Doing one for work with the crank sensor on the 98-2000 will probably be a pain!

Call destroked about the tone ring, that's where we got ours to make the computer happy on my dads 05 12 valve conversion.

Why not p-pump 6.7, that Wouk solve a lot of issues without having to go back to the VP platform.

I think it would be pretty cool. Keep trying to get I'n touch with monster mike. I know he has dabbled with this before.

I think it would be awesome. Does anyone know how many are currently out there?

I would like to just drop a CR in my 2nd gen down the road. Maybe I could leave it running at drive thrus then.

I think it would be pretty cool. Keep trying to get I'n touch with monster mike. I know he has dabbled with this before.

Karl at Redline diesel in Burbank, Ohio has a VP 6.7. Drag truck but it is top fed, biggest monster pump and an S480. Runs clean!

I think a destroked 6.4 platforms would be sweet with a VP... or p-pump for that matter... 6.7 Pistons, 5.9 crank, cut deck...

Chad HAS to go back to a vp due to California emissions. He's due for smog and our "Guy" isint smogging anymore.

i would keep calling monster pump. i bought a whooped 6.7 short block with the intentions of doing this. started taking it apart and lost interest.

Chad HAS to go back to a vp due to California emissions. He's due for smog and our "Guy" isint smogging anymore.

I have another year. I could get it done. I use my truck for what they are made to do like tow and haul stuff. I'm just sick of a smokey tuck I have to ***** foot everywhere. I have towed a lot with 2 6.7s and the bottom end power blows me away. This is where I got this dumb idea.

Hamilton was doing a vp 12 valve, with high compression, decent hpa nd using the vp to its fullest, in an economical manner...

Call Karl at Redline diesel in ohio, he has a 6.7 vp drag truck

Karl at Redline diesel in Burbank, Ohio has a VP 6.7. Drag truck but it is top fed, biggest monster pump and an S480. Runs clean!

x2
Karl can be hard to get a hold of sometimes, but he will talk you through everything and is super cool about it.
Plus I am pretty sure his high compression 6.7 VP is the fastest VP there is currently correct?

BTWm what are emissions going to in CA? It is only visual with 35% opacity here in CO and that's easy to beat. Valet switch + disconnect the TC Lock wire.

Ca emissions...visual of carb #'s or factory parts, ZERO smoke on snap test and no CEL.

Ca emissions...visual of carb #'s or factory parts, ZERO smoke on snap test and no CEL.

Wow, snap test as in a brap of the throttle? That's pretty nuts.

I clocked my fuel shut off solenoid to the ppump wrong one day and got almost no fuel, couldnt smoke or build more than 4-5psi no matter what. Seemed like a good way to beat emissions no matter what. IDK if that was good for my ppump, but I am sure it'd be worse for a VP, but possibly you could find a tune to cut fuel?

x2
Karl can be hard to get a hold of sometimes, but he will talk you through everything and is super cool about it.
Plus I am pretty sure his high compression 6.7 VP is the fastest VP there is currently correct?

I think his truck is an 01 and from what I read he is using a 5.9 block. I'll try to get ahold of him.

Back