Wanting Rear Discs

JJeepyjohn

Make Me Fries
I want switch my 99 to rear disc brakes and get rid of the drums. What are the best options. ?

I converted one, I can't remember who I bought the kit from but it was expensive!

15facf5663c7469c6a985c09bda61e19.jpg
ec943c8295398b0a916698a6061acde3.jpg

Seems worth it. Most places want 1000 plus for that axle

Then I will put a valve in. Just one of those things. I won't complain about it stopping well

I just swapped the axle from a 01 into mine, seemed a bit easier than just swapping on a kit. I think I paid 500 for it as a bare axle (no rotors or calipers), bought good cross drilled and slotted rotors, new calipers and pads, had maybe 800 in it total. Then I sold the old drum axle for $500.

The drums would never stay adjusted and they were falling apart. They were also a pain to service.

I see. Just asking, because when I get out of the desert I will be addressing my braking issue, I was more worried about the front than the rear.

I also removed my RWAL valve because it was stuck on bypass. That really helped the brakes also

I just swapped the axle from a 01 into mine, seemed a bit easier than just swapping on a kit. I think I paid 500 for it as a bare axle (no rotors or calipers), bought good cross drilled and slotted rotors, new calipers and pads, had maybe 800 in it total. Then I sold the old drum axle for $500.

Did you have to change anything else besides the axle?

Back