Waste Gates

emiller3

What is everyone's preference in size and make? I know a lot of people swear by Tial but we have been looking at the precision gates and they look nice also.Just trying to get a little input on what everyone else uses.

The precisions are supposed to be nice. Can't go wrong with the JGS gates eather. Tials new watercooled MVR 44mm gate would probably work well also.

What are your plans for the gate twins or large single? I have a friend with a pretty good sized set of twins using the JGS 50mm gate with good results.

I don't think you could go wrong with any of the above gates. I have also heard good things about turbosmart gates as well. I would say something in the 50 - 60mm range should give you enough control over a large set of twins. Are gating the atmosphere charger or running it free float?

Last edited:
I am running a pair of ED gates(modded JGS) and they seem to work very well. Great guys to deal with at Engineered Diesel also.

I have a turbosmart. Seems to work very well, and can supposedly survive 2,100+ on EGT.

Ok are venting into the primaries hot pipe or to atmosphere. We ended up venting to atmosphere to help control the primaries shaft speed. Seems to be working better now since this change.

We plan on gating back into the hot pipe for now and if we have to add another gate around the big charger later.

Sounds like you've got all your bases covered! Good luck with the build sounds like its gonna be a monster!

Back