Wastegate Sizing

imelmo

Go away, I'm 'batin'!
Just a curiosity question. How do you go about deciding what size wastegates to use on a system? I know what they do but have no idea how they are sized.

I could never get a solid answer from anyone. Just said to copy what sizes others were using. Cause that always works so well lol. I feel as mine is under gated now.

I have never seen any type of equation as you only have a few things to go off of besides drive pressure.

He guy who runs turbo smart USA advised me for the boost pressure and the size motor I have. He said to go with the hyper gate 45hp. These have a better spring system that's good for a higher psi diesel. I haven't put it on. I will when I put the nitrous kit on it.

He guy who runs turbo smart USA advised me for the boost pressure and the size motor I have. He said to go with the hyper gate 45hp. These have a better spring system that's good for a higher psi diesel. I haven't put it on. I will when I put the nitrous kit on it.

What psi and what spring were you recommended?

I have heard a lot about the hyper gate 45. And know a few people that run them.

Last edited:
What psi and what spring were you recommended?

I have heard a lot about the hyper gate 45. And know a few people that run them.

I told them for my set up I want to go a max of 65 or about. They Set me up with a 35psi spring. When I hook up my eboost 2 black boost controller ( their regular eboost2 only goes to 60psi they have one that goes to 120psi) that I should be able to hit my boost goal rather easy. I make 65psi with no gate right now.

Last edited:
Back