Watch the video and tell me what broke...

joefarmer

MR. Supreme Overlord
Like the title says, watch the video from today and guess what went wrong with the black truck and the GMC... $5 in funny money to who ever gets it right.

The part that sucks the most is that we sat in the staging lanes for ~3 hours waiting to make a single pass. Never, ever go to National Trail Raceway in Ohio.

brandon.

Last edited:
this is just a shot in the dark, 1st truck broke the flexplate & the 2nd threw a code that put it in safe mode.

That first on elooks like what happened to my truck a couple of weeks ago with the new motor in it. Heard a pop just after launching and it was like being in neutral. Wasn't the input shaft though.

I have to go with one of the shafts...Input , Intermediate, or output.(Dodge)

And Limp Mode on the GMC

Last edited:
I don't know what it was, but that must have scared the chit out of you

That happened to me many years ago in a gasser.... rear chunk just let go. However, if the track was covered.....it's gott'a be a trans problem, Input shaft.

Code on the chevy but it could have lost a regulator or something.

Last edited:
It's not the transfer case or output shaft on the Dodge, we're still tearing it down. The Chevy slipped in 3rd, 4th and 5th WITHOUT limping. I'm pretty sure it's close to dead.

brandon.

Pan pics from the Dodge.

brnaond.

Attachments

• Brandon 004.jpg
    Brandon 004.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 150
Clutch dust and brass flake. There's also 5-6 silvery metal flakes.

I must say, DTT customer service (through Tim Barber) is second-to-none! I got phone calls starting at 7am today and have received 5 calls since then. :thankyou2:

brandon.

Last edited:
So much for taking me for a ride with the giggle gas....take lot's of pictures:D:D

Chris

Should have an update thursday after it's torn down at Tim's.

Back