Water Gun fight...

DIESEL_POWER

NGM Diesel
EMcBride said:
All that and its for sale too! I bet someone out there would like the world's quickest all motor Pro Street truck!
water injection is all motor?

Water injection and pump lube like they run, I say yes.

Meth in the mix... not so much.

Amish Elegance said:
Water injection and pump lube like they run, I say yes.

Meth in the mix... not so much.

I agree... no meth means no power adder... therefore all motor!!!

water in itself is a power adder(H2O) hydrogen and oxygen, that means it's "like" nitrous as it adds more oxygen to the intake air and cools it. and it adds cylinder psi--whitch makes TQ, and TQ moves our trucks, HP accelerates our trucks.....

anyway water has been proven to increase HP around 40HP, so 40 less HP all the way down the track would result in about 2-3 tenths slower ET, or better because egt's will now play a very big part in being able to produce reliable power.................

i still think water is a power adder, and how in the world would you know if there is any meth being run or not!........ eliminate it all together then you have all motor.....

DIESEL POWER said:
water in itself is a power adder(H2O) hydrogen and oxygen, that means it's "like" nitrous as it adds more oxygen to the intake air and cools it. and it adds cylinder psi--whitch makes TQ, and TQ moves our trucks, HP accelerates our trucks.....

anyway water has been proven to increase HP around 40HP, so 40 less HP all the way down the track would result in about 2-3 tenths slower ET, or better because egt's will now play a very big part in being able to produce reliable power.................

i still think water is a power adder, and how in the world would you know if there is any meth being run or not!........ eliminate it all together then you have all motor.....

:umno: Water is hardly like nitrous. At 570F degree nitrous (N2O) dissociates into nitrogen and oxygen to provide a) oxygen for combustion and b) nitrogen to buffer the combustion process. The intercooling effect of entering the airstream at -127F also improves intake density. Water (H2O) will not dissociate in the same manner (It will ionize to H30 and OH), but it does cool by extract heat through vapoization (about 540 calories per gram of water). This, of course, turns the water into steam. 40 hp will hardly cut 3 tenths at that power level. I'm sure you would be welcomed to watch the water tank be filled if it would ease your mind, but the fact that the engine hasn't scattered from the methanol should be proof enough.

DIESEL POWER said:

40 hp = 1-2 tenths? Must come easier for those with their head in the clouds.

DIESEL POWER said:

Easy...test them for meth. Water is not a power adder OTHER than the cooling benefits allowing you to run more fuel!

Chris

40 hp down the entire track plus the uncontrollable egt's mean it's at least 2-3 tenths. the more your temp rises above it's most effiencent point you lose power period.

It's pretty much impossible to run a highly fueled motor like that,that runs 9's without water. Unless using nitrous, so i' say all motor.It's your only choice if you wanna run that fast without spray. Either way to each his own, thats not the point, the truck just run's like a rapped date, so lets not get in a pissin match about what it is or isn't, cause i think everybody on here can agree it's just a Nasty truck

Last edited:
let sleeping dogs lie. You have your opinion on it just as others do. We all know you want to be right man. But why waste your breath?

I like to airhorn sleeping dogs. It's pretty funny how high they can actually jump.:hehe:

DIESEL POWER said:
exactly, water is a power adder and an egt reducer......theres not other way around it.
The same could be said for bigger injectors and more efficient turbos. Screw all this modification, I say the only records that stand are made in stock trucks. LOL

Honestly, I Dont give a damn if somebody sprays helium and Nitomethane to bust 9's. There are 3 trucks(one of them being 4WD) that have done it with a variety of combinations and all the nitpickers need to give the folks out there doing it the credit they deserve.

looks like i am goign to need to get the hip boots out. hey wade i may have to donate a pair to NGM Diesel for all the crap you get in, hahaha, as long as you back off b4 it gets over your head, bc you and i are in the same boat. The vertically challenged boat.

Timbeaux38 said:
The same could be said for bigger injectors and more efficient turbos. Screw all this modification, I say the only records that stand are made in stock trucks. LOL

Honestly, I Dont give a damn if somebody sprays helium and Nitomethane to bust 9's. There are 3 trucks(one of them being 4WD) that have done it with a variety of combinations and all the nitpickers need to give the folks out there doing it the credit they deserve.

credit is given to those who claim the truth, "all motor" means just that! no water, no meth no nothing. i think 9 seconds is great but whoever claimed all motor is wrong, no drugs is more like it, water is not a drug. but it is a power adder, and a egt reducer----------like you said add a bigger turbo and you will get the same effect, well i agree.

Those who live in glass houses.................................

Sorry, but there's no way even my truck running 12s would go 3 tenths faster with just 40 hp. If the truck puts 1200 to the ground to run a 9.97 then it would run a 9.67 with just 40 more hp?!? NAHHH!!!

banshee said:
Sorry, but there's no way even my truck running 12s would go 3 tenths faster with just 40 hp. If the truck puts 1200 to the ground to run a 9.97 then it would run a 9.67 with just 40 more hp?!? NAHHH!!!
re read my post, apparently your taking it the wrong way. it takes more HP to add ET and less power to take away the same ET just gained--your a racer you should know this.

tell ya what ask jeff prince or jeff garmon whow much slower that same exact truck would go with out water----same exact set up...........you would be surprised at the result..........

Do we consider lubricity modifier or additives all motor?

DIESEL POWER said:
re read my post, apparently your taking it the wrong way. it takes more HP to add ET and less power to take away the same ET just gained--your a racer you should know this.

tell ya what ask jeff prince or jeff garmon whow much slower that same exact truck would go with out water----same exact set up...........you would be surprised at the result..........

It would probably make closer to the same power than you think...... but the longevity would not be there....

Back