Water injection

dodgediesel59

So i have been pulling some pretty heavy loads lately, and by heavy i mean 14-16k. I can keep the egts fairly ok driving by pyro and foot, but on some of the hills it is hard to control. I am curious if water injection will help and any associated problems. I would be putting it on a boost switch. Straight water can be used right? Water/meth mixture is just used for a power boost more than anything right?

yes straight water can be used it will just bring down egts

dont forget about the added cylinder pressures to come with water....

Fill out your signature via the "User CP" on the left side of the forum header so we know how your truck is setup. Often times tuning your truck for the type of driving you do is cheaper, easier, and more affordable than just jumping into an injectable.

I will fill that out, but i dont know how to get the fuel turned down anymore without changing components. Yea, I forgot about raised cylinder pressures.

Assuming its p-pumped slide your plate back if that hasent been done yet. AFC?

Plate is all the way back right now. I have not done alot of tinkering with the afc, but its mostly stock. At full throttle i am smoking, but not really alot compared to some trucks i have seen. I just dont want to be having to watch my egt gauge more than the road.

Is your AFC tuned? What size injectors are you running? What plate are you running? You've left a very large gray area there where we don't know what your entire setup is and can't effectively give you and idea if water is a good idea or not.

Is your AFC tuned? What size injectors are you running? What plate are you running? You've left a very large gray area there where we don't know what your entire setup is and can't effectively give you and idea if water is a good idea or not.

His sig says 125 hp sticks and a 0 plate.

Currently timing is set at 22*. The afc is all stock, i have looked into mods but most things i read about are for more fuel, which is not what i need. The plate is all the way back right now and the housing is all the way forward.

There anyway around that? I already spent 4K when i swapped pumps, i really dont wanna buy any more parts :nail:

Currently timing is set at 22*. The afc is all stock, i have looked into mods but most things i read about are for more fuel, which is not what i need. The plate is all the way back right now and the housing is all the way forward.

1st thing slide the AFC housing FULL BACK.

Next if you can get ahold of a stock governor spring swap that into you AFC housing in place of the current spring.

Then adjust the star wheel tight.

This will make your fueling come in on boost pressure and not have excess fuel causing high egt's.

Try this first before water which might save you some $$.

There anyway around that? I already spent 4K when i swapped pumps, i really dont wanna buy any more parts :nail:

181s typically go for around $100. You probably could unload your 191s for more than that. $.02

Where can i find a set for that price you think? I have all the springs from the govenor swap, which spring would it be to swap into the housing?

Where can i find a set for that price you think? I have all the springs from the govenor swap, which spring would it be to swap into the housing?

The largest spring that you removed. It will be almost identical in size, but its stiffer.

Back