Water Meth and cp's with SCT

Carssuck

NO STRESS!
I am thinking of adding water meth to my truck for the sole purpose of economy.

I run a SCT street file tweaked for pulling a 10,000 pound work trailer every day and a travel trailer that weighs about the same on the weekends.

I know there is a hp gain from water meth but, I am wondering what it does to the cylinder pressure? The heads were replaced a few years ago and I got stuck with stock bolts.

Will it be safe to add the water meth and continue to run the street file without making my truck puke, or should I go stock and just run water meth?

Since Ford has done the heads my truck has not puked!:woohoo: I just don't care to push the envelope

Jeez, took ya long enough, welcome. Water meth on the 6.0 is not a good idea. I have heard a whole bunch of horror stories, blown head gaskets, busted cylinder heads, and pistons scorched. I would run away from it if I were you.

Wow, I talked to the guys at Snow Performance and they said it was the safest way to add power and economy...Up to 4 mpg. And claimed to never heard of any thing bad happening..

Anybody else hear anything? I am hoping Tadd will chime in!

My main objective is adding fuel economy, I am pulling a ton of miles working out of town and $1,300 per month fuel is kill'n' me!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Imagine they would tell you that, not much of a sales person if they tell you their product destroys 6.0 motors. Ask John Wood about his experience with Water Meth.

Dalpilot said:
Imagine they would tell you that, not much of a sales person if they tell you their product destroys 6.0 motors. Ask John Wood about his experience with Water Meth.

Was John's goal power or economy? I don't know alot about this subject yet, but I would assume that you would run more meth for a higher hp boost.
as I understand the water cools the egt's raising the economy and the meth gives some mpg boost and extra centane for power.

Wouldn't mixing water and meth in different ratios yield different results?
I need enlightenment!:bigsmile:

The less meth you use the better but I too have heard far more horror stories then positive ones when it comes to Water/Meth.

Is the horror stories because of too much meth being used? How is it if you just run plain ole water and no meth?

heinzboy said:
Is the horror stories because of too much meth being used? How is it if you just run plain ole water and no meth?

Exactly, I was wondering about just enough meth to keep water from freezing.

JAY!!! its Dom :D long time no see! drop me a pm sometime, i missed talkin to ya.

The word from the wise on another site from tadd was to stay away from LP and water meth all together for the 6.0, unless the SCT is tuned to change the timing curve to the LP or water/meth....atleast i beleive thats what he said, dont quote me LOL

Dom

TwiztedMetal said:
JAY!!! its Dom :D long time no see! drop me a pm sometime, i missed talkin to ya.

The word from the wise on another site from tadd was to stay away from LP and water meth all together for the 6.0, unless the SCT is tuned to change the timing curve to the LP or water/meth....atleast i beleive thats what he said, dont quote me LOL

Dom

Hey Dom,
So what has to be done via programming to safely run a set up like this?
If done properly, in moderation, do the benefits out weigh the negative?

Jay, think about it, the price of the kit, is going to take a long time to recoup even if it adds 2-3 MPG, which is pushing it. Plus the risk to the motor and internals. If you want to do it, go for it, but I think the price and risk is cost prohibitive.

Dalpilot said:
Jay, think about it, the price of the kit, is going to take a long time to recoup even if it adds 2-3 MPG, which is pushing it. Plus the risk to the motor and internals. If you want to do it, go for it, but I think the price and risk is cost prohibitive.

You guys definitely talked me out of it. I was just wondering which part hurts the motor, the water or the meth.

It kind of bums me out that we can't use alot of the bolt on goodies that help to set diesels apart like water meth, exhaust brakes and propane ect.

Back