Weight Box Kit?

2001cummins

Costly
Is there a place you can buy a weight box kit to weld up? Or have a drawing with dimensions on it. Wanting to get one for next year. Dont want to just build a box. I like the ones with the angles on the top.

Then build a box with angles on top... i doubt anyone is going to give up drawings they spent tons of time to prefect..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I used cardboard to figure out what I wanted the weight box to look like. Once I had it figured out what I wanted, I have a local metal fab shop cut up some pieces I wanted. I welded the pieces together, had the box power coated and a race car guy bend up some aluminum covers for the top and sides.

Attachments

• IMG_1069.JPG
    IMG_1069.JPG
    266.7 KB · Views: 0
No place for kits, the boxes are all built to the truck and what the owner needs or wants in the box..

4ead9096746f65646da46ef987e2b184.jpg
I gave measurements to metal place then drew it up and cut it out and i welded it myself. Or barker makes them heard there not to cheap

Last edited:
What material thickness are these boxes usually made out of. If you were closer to me I could build you one. Shipping would kill you though.

I used 1/2" plate for the floor and 1/4" plate for the front and back.

53f2226a1179011cf7a075f3f05b5e11.jpg

I just bought a 4x8 sheet of 1/4 plate, cut it out with a plasma, welded it all up...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mine is 3/8s front and 1/4 everything else. I wish I would of used 1/2 for the front.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Used 3/4 on the front face of mine and 5/16 on rest combo of laser and plasma Table , tho building a new one and gunna use inch for front

I know a guy that designed some nice ones with recessed polished aluminum lids...

Back