Weighted Clutch Question

Tony R

New Build is For Sale.
If you guys have a brand new rebuild on a clutch when do you start pulling shims off. Is it after 5, 10, 15, or 20 passes per shim. Reason i'm asking is because i had a weighted clutch that only lasted 19 hooks when i here of people getting 80 out of them. I am probably the reason it failed so early by not pulling shims out as it wears, I was just trying to get a idea of what you guys was doing.

I dont think anyone can just tell you how many shims to take off, it has to do with your lever heigth, ours are set a .550 inches from the top of the cover, we lay a straight edge across the cover on the flat spot over the spirings and measure from the bottom of the staight edge to the top of the lever, if the lever is too high we remove shims to get it back within spec. contact the manufacturer he should be able to tell you what heigth the levers should be.

How are you guys driving them just side stepping them or ? I'm usually off of the pedal by the 15 ft mark. I try not to blow the tires off coming out of the hole. Maybe i just need to dump it

Back