Weird oil pressure readings

Ackerdiesel

Truck shows no oil pressure. Checked the level it's full. So went on and had the gauge cluster rebuilt as some other gauges were also messed up. Didn't fix it. New sending unit still same problem. Here's what stumps me. Truck had been driven for awhile like this before we started trying to troubleshoot it. The CTS and dash gauge both read zero. In the begining the low oil pressure warning message would come up and the warning chime would sound. But now there is no chime but the gauge and CTS both still show 0. No weird noise is coming from the truck either. Going to put on a mech. gauge tomorrow and check it. Just wondering if anyone else had ran into this issue.

Ryan

Truck shows no oil pressure. Checked the level it's full. So went on and had the gauge cluster rebuilt as some other gauges were also messed up. Didn't fix it. New sending unit still same problem. Here's what stumps me. Truck had been driven for awhile like this before we started trying to troubleshoot it. The CTS and dash gauge both read zero. In the begining the low oil pressure warning message would come up and the warning chime would sound. But now there is no chime but the gauge and CTS both still show 0. No weird noise is coming from the truck either. Going to put on a mech. gauge tomorrow and check it. Just wondering if anyone else had ran into this issue.

Ryan

I had it happen with a customers 1500 with the 5.3 after I put a new engine in for him. Scared the hell out of me. The problem with it turned out to be the cluster.

Sent from my paperweight

Update. Have 35 psi of oil pressure at an idle.now just have to figure out wether wiring issue or cluster/sensor

Ryan

Back