Well Here we go again

moneymaker44

Just changed the head gasket a little while back truck was running good
but with the extra goodies i added while doing the head gasket the egt's could bang 1600+ pretty easy so i was keeping my foot out of it ! OK got on it a few time's LOL could not help it !

any way i drive to work yesterday and i was not driving it hard at all
well i get out and oil is dripping ?? i think dang oil filter or something
open hood passenger side fender and everything around it coated in oil
few choice words then check the oil about a gallon low. so the wife was in the area called her to bring oil. so i could make it home and find my leak.

well i could not see a leak right away AND THEN I FOUND IT !
OH ^&#$%@ oil is coming out the radiator over flow . not really getting water in oil but it is filling the radiator with oil . so head gasket again i hope!

Any other thoughts ? hope i did not trash the Motor. :bang

you know that could be the ticket it does not act like the head gasket is blown and runs good but i was thinking how in the heck is it forcing oil into the coolant ? but that would be a great spot to check. thanks racing dually !

Last edited:
Any guess where one could be bought ? or can it be bypassed until i can find a replacement if that is the problem

moneymaker44 said:
Any guess where one could be bought ? or can it be bypassed until i can find a replacement if that is the problem
ok after removing my head from my back side i figured it out just bypass it and install an external oil cooler . :hehe:

I would like to get an external oil cooler. Where can they be found?

moneymaker44 said:
you know that could be the ticket it does not act like the head gasket is blown and runs good but i was thinking how in the heck is it forcing oil into the coolant ? but that would be a great spot to check. thanks racing dually !

Well that ain't it. !!!!!!! looks like i go after the head gasket next weekend :soap:

Heck pulling the head isnt that big of a deal. :bang It seems to be my new deal drive the truck and then pull the head. A couple of cold ones and its done. :Cheer: Hope you get it going again. U might check and make sure there is nothing on the head surface and the block surface allowing the gasket to not compress correctly. Then again you might just want to try the new MLS gasket by Cometics.

that's what happened with mine, filled the radiator.. People told me to check the cooler, but no one ever seems to be that lucky.. Mine ran fine too.

Well i guess i know what i will be doing this week.
i know it is not that big of an issue but i just did the dang thing.
i know it was clean as it can get but with my stock turbo and fuel mods i think the head preasure is getting a tad high since it can not release enough exhaust i can get 1400 easy not even half trottle if i push it up to speed quickly and 1200 is common to roll on light throttle and have seen 1600+ in short burst. just need a bigger turbo to get the air moving . thanks for everyone's input on this .

jktcummins said:
Heck pulling the head isnt that big of a deal. :bang It seems to be my new deal drive the truck and then pull the head. A couple of cold ones and its done. :Cheer: Hope you get it going again. U might check and make sure there is nothing on the head surface and the block surface allowing the gasket to not compress correctly. Then again you might just want to try the new MLS gasket by Cometics.
yeah but i work nights and have little to no time to mess with it before i go to work which means a few things here a few there then wait on the weekend and finish it all up ! just hate doing another weekend under the hood.

Well got the head is off and she popped by slug hole #5 at the oil port for the rocker assembly ! any way no major damage but now i have to wait until tuesday for the new gasket to get here. can't find parts in houston very easy. so i guess when the new gasket comes in i will spend another weekend day putting it all back togeather. MAN I MISS MY TRUCK. been driving a ford ranger with 2.9 liters of raw awsome power LOL .

Wide open the best i can recall that might have caused it was when setting the head down me and a buddy had to reposition our self and let the head down gently but at an angle ! i think maybe the weight of the head might have caused a small cut ??? but that the best i can think of as i could not even see a line on the gasket but this time she goes down flush no resting it gonna have to drag out the hoist for this one but i know it was clean. i know how i torqued it should have been good.

Weston i think this time will be the ticket. and i will drive it a week nice and easy then re torque to double check things and hope i can get a better turbo on there soooooon !!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Well got the HG changed out and the truck is back up and running but i have an injector leaking STILL and i tried moving it to a new spot that is easy to get to installed a new washer but that son of a gun is still leaking fuel !

well i get to do it again it is not the front seal it blew the HG again !!!!!!!
i am getting real tired of this.
2nd .020 marine gasket in less than a month.

Back