Well, I now know how much I like my truck

partsguy662 said:
Call me Scott....:) (The women call me coffee because I grind so fine LOL)

There are a few products that seem to work very temporarily. (Black again, back to black, etc) Also, a brush with some laquer thinner works too, but that's also quite tedious.
NOW, what I use. (And yes, I'm being serious about this)
Go into your cupboard and get your jar of peanut butter. Creamy works best. apply some to the trim that has the wax on it. Allow it to sit for a few minutes (and kick the dog away from it when he tries to lick it off LOL)
Now, wipe it off with a towel, wash the trim (or the whole truck), and apply your favorite protectant to the trim you cleaned...:)

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOO are you freaking kidding me scott. I laughed so hard I spewed coffee on the counter and my patient's chart. You are so ridiculous it cracks me up.

And peanut butter.... nice. Real nice. I think Tim's right lol, mom must have made you a sandwich and you walked smack into the thing. Brilliant.

Can some one give me the 101 class on clay baring a truck cause mine is black, and looks like chit, and i would like to at least make it presentable to the public. I know im retarded and never used it before so bring it on.

Dang Scott, all that work and it's still a Chevrolet :) I actually wash my Dodge pretty often, but that POS superduty I used to have got washed about 5 times in it's life and three of those were when it was less than a month old.

Truck looks good BTW :)

George

Scott- You have a brass set to compound a 3yo black oem paint job.:bow: :bow:

It looks sharp.:Cheer:

I'm on my way up with a microfiber cloth and wax and grease remover to make sure you didn't leave any swirls.:hehe:

dzlfarmboy said:
Can some one give me the 101 class on clay baring a truck cause mine is black, and looks like chit, and i would like to at least make it presentable to the public. I know im retarded and never used it before so bring it on.
Clay bar is really easy to use. First wash the truck very good, any dirt left it on is going to scratch the truck. Then dry it, take the final detailer(or whatever they call it in the kit you buy) and spray a small area, and use the clay and just rub lightly, it removes all the contaiments from the paint. You will hear when you are done, when you start it will feel like sandpaper when you are done it will feel like glass. Wipe off the final detailer from that area then move to the next. WHen you are done apply your favorite wax.

Back