Went to the track this past weekend

smokey30265

Fastest time was a 14.500 in 2wd with the mods in sig. It was a little on the warm side, about 70 degrees and very humid. I am waiting until we get some cold air to go back and try to squeeze another 10th or 2 out of her :rockwoot:

scan0002.jpg

Not bad for mild mods! Any reason it wasn't in 4x4? That'll drop half a second! Get some tie-rod sleeves.

Throw on a set of stock tires, tie-rod sleeves, lower the torsion bars, lose the tailgate, spare, and any other unneeded weight and load up the PPE HOT ET 2 +++ tune, run it in 4x4 and do a 15 psi boosted launch and you ought to run deep 13's or maybe even crack a 12.99.

I remember the first time I went 14.5, it was a ton of fun. With good reaction times on the tree and 14.5 second ET's, you can beat or run dead even with a lot of factory stock 13 second cars like GTO, Mustang Cobra, Jeep SRT8, Charger SRT8, etc, etc.

How long would the stock allison hold the hot +2 tune goin all out like that though?

Big Blue24 knows the deal... Bloated "Car" Magazine figures, High Elevation, really bad Driver = 15 second passes. To add insult to injury they have 5 second reaction times. You're on the return road watching them pass by in the other direction on the 1/8 mile section of the Track.

Back