Western PA Dyno Day and Meet and Greet

well this is about 4 hours away from me (i can make it 3) but i'm gonna try my hardest to convince my dad to go

John, Its is back in and you shouldn't have a problem as long as you can fit under the door. 6'11"-7'. Did you get the truck back together already?

Hey that might be cool. I wanted to go to TS but I can't make that trip work for me. Sadly it is also the first day of spring turkey but I'll try and make it up to say hi in the afternoon if I'm not lucky enough to be cleaning a bird.
It's good to see something this close to home:)

John, Its is back in and you shouldn't have a problem as long as you can fit under the door. 6'11"-7'. Did you get the truck back together already?

It will fit in that door with the 265s on no problem. It is running. I have a long list of little issues to take care of a leaky CP3 fitting. :doh:

I am making no promises but you never know what might show up.

I'm still gonna try to make the show, but It is not looking good right now. I have a job that needs finished this week. I had to rent a roller & don't want to be paying rental fees while I'm not using it. Hopefully it goes well tomorrow & I can make it.

Any word on the dyno day, or is it still happening? I didn't make it up today and I'm just curious how it went. Good turnout?

couldn't make it which sucks but at least i'm almost finished summerizing the snowmobiles hahaha how'd the dyno day go?

I couldn't make it either, sucks. I am curious of the turnout though, any good numbers?

I made it out.. I think about 8 or 9 trucks rolled, one rolled twice. One truck 500plus, several in the 400s, several in the 300s and I think just one in the sub300 range. I'll let someone who has an official copy of the numbers or a picture of the board get the numbers and names right. I only know that two 12 valves held up the flag and claimed 1st and 2nd place, both 96s!:clap::Cheer: 3rd place was an 03 Common Rail truck, ended up doing 46xhp on the second dyno attempt. Alongside the Dodges, an 05 and an 06 Duramax rolled and one 7.3 and one 6.0 PSD.

After all, a very well worthwhile visit to the event and facilities! Had a nice little rain shower hit mid afternoon, ..then I ran through it again heading east, coming home!

Thumbs up and kudos to Diesel Addiction and to Predator Performance for hosting this first time event. Predator does indeed have a state-of-the-art facility! It's clean and they have the tooling to build anything on wheels. Plus it will look and run good too!! All of us visitors/competitors were given a teeshirt to remember the event, door prize drawings, longest distance traveled award, pizza, snackfood items, cash reward for top 3 placers, stickers/decals and manufacturer nomenclature. I hope I didn't forget anything!!:Cheer:

I still don't know what to think of the SuperFlow dyno (for me, at least).. It sure seemed to work the truck awful hard, 50ish psi of boost and I managed to blow a boot not only once but twice:doh:. I did double check my sanity later a little closer to home and did a banzai run.. runs up to 60plus psi and no blowing boots?? Or.. maybe the old rule of thumb about 10 psi of boost equals roughly 100 hp.. my truck making 50 psi, and 496.7 hp today.. That's plausible. Either way.. It was fun wheeling it on the dyno:evil

I'm with Nick, Predator performance has a beautiful facility, and the guys and gals of Diesel Addiction are top notch. I had a great time and look forward to future events. This was my first oppurtunity to put the truck on a dyno and was actually a little dissapointed with my numbers (433/815) they just seemed a little low to me. I ran Smarty 4.11 on level 9 w/ wild tm. I was hoping to be in the 450/900 range. I suspect that running in 4th gear may have had something to do with it or possibly a lack of fuel. I have a FASS sitting at the house along with a HTT 62/71/13SS and hopefully i can get the TNT from bob in the not too distant future. I'm hoping to be in the 500/1000 range once i get everything hooked up. I again want to thank Predator Performance and Diesel Addiction for putting this event together and suspect that there will be more and more trucks showing up as time goes by.

I was there, Awsome facility. First time on the dyno and made high horsepower 532hp 932ftlb. Thanks to Randy at diesel addiction for putting it on.

I was there, Awsome facility. First time on the dyno and made high horsepower 532hp 932ftlb. Thanks to Randy at diesel addiction for putting it on.

you forgot to mention you had the least money into your ride also maybe a little this will help next time*nx*

dieseladdiction do you have the results yet if you do can you post them thanks

Back