Wet N20 kit on a diesel? Is this possible?

4 Tuggin

Any tried this before? Was told that this works. Spraying diesel fuel like a gasser!

4 Tuggin said:
Any tried this before? Was told that this works. Spraying diesel fuel like a gasser!
well see the deal with nitrous on a diesel is that the nitrous is sprayed to burn the extra fuel that the diesel is already injecting. So the need for extra fuel to be injected would be overkill...of course I'm sure it could be done.

I would "guess" that you can get away with it, but I don't think there are any fuel tables for jetting the nitrous.

I think the preferred way to spray is to overfuel with your injectors and spray the n2o to clear up the tailpipe

Wouldn't a wet kit cause an engine to run away due to the inability to throttle the fuel?

but it just throws the timing out the roof, it may start the burn a lot earlier. it has been done and i have heard of a 100 hp gain, but i put it in the rigging pile to say the least. it has been done on trucks when they can't get anymore fuel easy, as in injectors or pumps being maxed out. to me it is asking for trouble.

plain and simply put, bad idea. :D Diesels do not have a chamber in the head like gassers. Our only form of a compression chamber is the piston bowl. Save the wet shot for gassers.

IMHO we already can overfuel the engine with our injectors, so why add more fuel? I think it is a moot project on a Cummins engine. We can add so much fuel to the point of putting the fire out...... Dry shot is a better way IMHO.

I need more fuel for this reseason.

I have burned all the extra fuel up running N2O and want more fuel with out buying bigger injectors for daily driving. Mach 5 with a single 66 turbo. Exhaust is clear as a bell and had it popping last time out so the fuel is all being burnt.

What year truck and what injection pump are ya runnin? I see the reasons now for your inquiry.

Can I make a suggestion..... I think an Aeromotive pump set-up is needed.......

RacinDuallie said:
Can I make a suggestion..... I think an Aeromotive pump set-up is needed.......

So you are saying that the almighty FASS might not flow enough fuel for a lowly VP44...it is supposed to be the end all best thing ever for any diesel truck ever made...

There are a few that have run the FASS on their vehicles that have reported a starvation problem when seriously competing their vehicles, and have switched to the Aeromotive set-up. The Aeromotive set-up is not as easy an install as the FASS, nor is convienant with the filters, but once installed there is no way the VP will be starved of fuel with an Aeromotive A-1000 or an Aeromotive Eliminator Pump set-up....

Not that the FASS is not a great product- it is, but some have found its limits....

Smokem said:
So when are you going to buy the rest of your hose so we can put that A-1000 on your 600hp HX35 equipped truck?

I am ordering the stuff this weekend, smarta$$.

I am taking the wording in this post as a promise to help me get the stuff plumbed this next week.

psi is always 14+ psi with fass

never changed filter in 2years and maybe drained water seperator like 3 times. I did have to put a set of brushes in which was sent to me no charge from FASS. Why would I address fuel pumps when psi is always good even under full trottle?

4 Tuggin said:
never changed filter in 2years and maybe drained water seperator like 3 times. I did have to put a set of brushes in which was sent to me no charge from FASS. Why would I address fuel pumps when psi is always good even under full trottle?

First, you should change the filters regularly.

Second, the gauge can lie. Just because it shows pressure, doesn't mean there is sufficient volume behind it to feed the pump. Under heavy load, the pressure can drop so fast, that the gauge can not register it, and it will starve the VP. I have seen it first hand on a 550HP 01.

Third, I wouldn't trust a FASS as far as I can throw it. I have heard from too many people, how the only tool in their FASS repair kit, is a hammer. Then they are charged to update to a newer design that doesn't use the problematic brushes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back