What are EGTs like WOT with a single turbo?

Sandaholic

Bangin' through the gears
What are your EGTs like WOT with a single turbo?

How hot does it get and what is your setup? I'm just kinda curious what other's egt's are getting pushing it hard at the topend.

I hit 1700-1720 at sustained wot: Super B Special Flux 3's banks intercooler and horn 5" exhaust

Last edited by a moderator:
How hot does it get and what is your setup? I'm just kinda curious what other's egt's are getting pushing it hard at the topend.

I hit 1700-1720 at sustained wot: Super B Special Flux 3's banks intercooler and horn 5" exhaust
I see Ramrod is a comedian LOL thanks what about the thread title deal as well.

My 690hp setup hits 1350-1400 at the strip.
I see your sig says a 64, single cp3 and 90 horse sticks is that it? Just trying to see some trucks with somewhat comparable mods so I can see if my temps are as out of line as I think they might be.....if that makes sense.

What do you run in the 1/4?

I see your sig says a 64, single cp3 and 90 horse sticks is that it? Just trying to see some trucks with somewhat comparable mods so I can see if my temps are as out of line as I think they might be.....if that makes sense.

What do you run in the 1/4?

Yeah, super b special, stg 3 pump, 90 hp stix and a big stick cam.

Best 1/4 so far is 12.50@113.

I leave soft so my et is slow, but mph backs up my hp on the dyno

1500-1600 at the end of a pull, about 1100-1200 on a hard run down the highway...

depends on tuning as well! what tuning are you using? I have flux 5s with a 66mm turbo and at wot, egts are not bad 1350.

Yeah, super b special, stg 3 pump, 90 hp stix and a big stick cam.

I wonder what that cam adds to the mix i.e. does it keep you cooler compared to a stock cam? And I've read guys saying that when you need more fuel and your cp3 isn't quite up to snuff you end up with higher egt's because of poor atomization. I kinda see that one.

It's so hard to compare trucks because of all the variables.

I wonder what that cam adds to the mix i.e. does it keep you cooler compared to a stock cam? And I've read guys saying that when you need more fuel and your cp3 isn't quite up to snuff you end up with higher egt's because of poor atomization. I kinda see that one.

It's so hard to compare trucks because of all the variables.

Cam dropped WOT 100-150*

depends on tuning as well! what tuning are you using? I have flux 5s with a 66mm turbo and at wot, egts are not bad 1350.
I have a smarty and it does not matter what I have the settings on it was alway's really similar. I ran the revo TNT recently and now I'm running beta 4.2 went back to stock with a bullydog and my buddy had it saved on his computer and loaded it up for me.

Hmmm maybe the heat is all in my nozzles. I just found an old thread where I stated:
Heat seems to be chill on 7 and 9. Haven't tryed anything else. Rail pressure seems to fall off some on 9 but 7 looks good. I could only hit 1420 or so on the EGT's before the injectors. Now I can hit 1600 fairly easily. Yesterday I hit 1750ish going a buck twenty. I should try 5 and see how it does.

So WOT I'm hitting 300 more degree's! Cruising and easy on the throttle I don't think my temps went up more than 50-75 degrees.

Wish mine was around 1350 but there not. Mines close to 1800 after a run down the track with the sled behind it.

FYI, I run 48psi on the street and dial it up to 55psi at the strip.

The extra boost helps bring temps down a few degrees at the track

FYI, I run 48psi on the street and dial it up to 55psi at the strip.

The extra boost helps bring temps down a few degrees at the track

Hmmm that's something to think about. Haven't messed with my waste gate to try and get a little more boost as I'm still on the stock head bolts and I hit 48psi on the street as well.

Thanks for all the reply's, seems like my temps might not be as far off as I thought they were.

1800* holy crap id crap myself lol iv seen 1600, with my old setup, and let out of it with a sled on my rear.
I wouldnt think more boost would be the fix, boost is restriction! Some trucks just like diffreant tuning.
Sandaholic, what injectors and pump are you using?

Still on stock bolts as well...

Btw...@48 psi I'm running 1:1, and at 55psi I'm running 65psi drive!!!

Helps alot in keeping HG happy.

im running banks side dump intake, full works on the head. with afe blade runner intercooler. Custom 2.6 charger from Chris at ED. I have got use to seeing the hig egt at the end of the track

1800* holy crap id crap myself lol iv seen 1600, with my old setup, and let out of it with a sled on my rear.
I wouldnt think more boost would be the fix, boost is restriction! Some trucks just like diffreant tuning.
Sandaholic, what injectors and pump are you using?
Injector's are flux3's which are supposed to be 150 horse sticks, cp3 is completely stock. I figure I'm only up at 1600-1720 for a few seconds so it's not too bad and it drops right now when I come off the throttle even just a little bit.

I hear what you're saying about boost being a restriction I've read a few theories. I just tried to sit here and come up with some sort of mathematical story problem but I just ain't that smart :hehe: Somebody show me the math to figure this out.......but have it make sense to normal folks!

Still on stock bolts as well...

Btw...@48 psi I'm running 1:1, and at 55psi I'm running 65psi drive!!!

Helps alot in keeping HG happy.

I've been wanting to get a drive pressure gauge for a while. One of these days.

im running banks side dump intake, full works on the head. with afe blade runner intercooler. Custom 2.6 charger from Chris at ED. I have got use to seeing the hig egt at the end of the track

What is your full setup? Seems like maybe you have some pretty extensive mods. Do you feel that yours is hot or no? I've never pulled a sled or payed too much attention to what egt's sledpuller's hit.

i think a cam would really help your situation, after see what cams do for these trucks on the street, dyno, and the arena. its hard to NOT justify their need

Back