What are the costs to put on a pull

Dodgesrweak

Does anyone know what the costs are to put on a pull at a fair ?

I would be curious to find out what it would cost to put on a Battle of The Bluegrass Pull in Southern Indiana- Jefferson County. Like to propose this to our Fair Board. It seems like our county doesnt want to have any good grandstand events & draw in top Super Farm, Hot Farm tractors & 2.6, 2.8, & 3.0 Diesel trucks that can put on a heck of a show while generating money for the Fair as well.

Venue $1500+ unless you can get the place for free.
Sled $2000+
Insurance $750+
Equipment to build and mantain track $0+

You also need to find people to give up there time for free to run the whole thing. Ther is also going to be other cost, but these are the main ones.

It depends on the purse for all the classes too. I know with B.O.B the fair would have to pay all that. The way our fairboard is all they see is what is cost up front and not the quality of show they will get. I tried to explain that to them, but you saw how far that got.

youngndirty, Your are correct, our Fair Board is a disgrace & is missing out on generating much needed revenue for the Fair/Vendors & putting on a entertaining show. Thats why a bunch of us have traveled around to watch you guys pull at Jennings Co, Clark Co, & Scott Co Fairs.

Go out and do it on your own...I know it is alot of head-aches, worries and money. If you can get a couple area businesses to come along, get a few donations. This way, when it is a good event, and a little money is left....

Well, you get what I'm saying

I organize a pull at 2 of our local fairs and it only cost them 1750 for a sled they already have insurance and we all pitched in and volunteered our time. they were more than happy and is getting bigger this year. 3000 seats and 7 a person to get in the fair thats 21000 dollars and no all those people didnt just come to see the pull put the stands were full and then barely room to stand. Your fair board would be stupid not to have a pull

A couple sleds around here are $1300 and another one is $1700 both self propelled sleds...

With BOB

You will pay a $2000 sanction charge, plus payouts for each class you want to run. Then you have to hire a sled, usually 1400 for one, then get insurance, equipment and supplies as well as manpower.

It is easy to tie up 6000-8000 to put on a pull.

Back