What are the symptoms of a bad map sensor?

smoken02

Aside from having "map sensor voltage too high" and "map sensor voltage too low" codes. This truck gets a dead pedal every now and then. No other codes come up though. The Vp and APPS are less than 2 years old and it has an Airdog fuel system on it. Truck is either an 01 or 02. Cant remember.

doesnt mean that the pump or APPS is not bad. do you get those codes or are you asking if there are any other ones?

when my apps when it tossed a very clean bad tps code and would get dead pedal 45-55mph.

doesnt mean that the pump or APPS is not bad. do you get those codes or are you asking if there are any other ones?

I get those two codes. No other codes are showing. I was assuming if the APPS was bad. There would be a code.

when my apps when it tossed a very clean bad tps code and would get dead pedal 45-55mph.

Sounds similar to this. I hope it isnt the APPS again. I dont see why it would go bad again already. Hey man your not far from me. What town do you live in?

not every sensor is gonna last you say five years. i have seen bad ones straight out of the box and ones last the life of the vehicle.

Thats cool. I use to work in LaSalle at Machinery Maintenance. I also have family in McNabb and Granville. Thats basically why I asked.

whats your last name? and it could just be a bad connection, my friends truck did it and then just stopped. remember its a vp, spooky things happen. like my psycho cruse control.

Before you buy a new map sensor check all the pins in the connections for corrosion. Mine throws those codes sometimes and I clean the conections and it works again.

Mine acted similar when the MAP took a dump.

Sarcasm brought to you by Tapatalk

Hey, you started it! LOL

To the OP, Are you running the Timbo APPS?

no the OP started it when he asked me where i was from. i never start derails hahaha i just help them along a little.

Hey Smoken02, your truck looks nice! Got any more pics of it?

Here ya go.
Dont worry about the derail. I like BS'in
1122547267_l.jpg

Back