What are you paying for methanol?

dust

I have never priced methanol before, but from reading on other forums, most people were at $4-5 a gallon. I just checked at it's almost $8 per gallon in Georgetown, KY with a 5 gallon pail. I can buy it in 12 oz. bottles at wal-mart for $0.98, or about $12 per gallon. Denatured is $17-20 a gallon.

What are, or have you paid for a gallon of methanol, and how much did you have to buy to get that price?

It's got stupid high lately like 4.xx a gallon, always been 5 bucks at the track. I still buy it buy the drum for 140, then after you add your quart of scent/lube I'm right at 150-155 a drum or about 2.87 a gallon. I burn a full 3 gallon per 1/8 mile pass

cheapest you will most likely find it is at Univar in Austin. right from the manufacturer.

My buddy works for an oil well maintenance guy so I'll be getting it free from him. As many jugs as I'm willing to take 10 hours worth of traveling will be free.

Nootch, I just updated my location, in Central Kentucky now. I didn't see Univar as a methanol supplier when i was searching in the Austin area though.

Univar carries it, but it need to be bought under a company name. There is a branch in Louisville.

Free from work and its a pure outta the distillation tower as it comes.. Local speedshop has it for 4.20 a gallon right now.

Back