What are you using to control your 47rh?

rs359

All of the conversions with 47 rhs what do you use to control OD and lockup?

I use toggle switch's with mine, i haven't used it much since i got it together, but for the test runs around town it seemed to be ok, i will eventually go with the suncoast prologic controller to do so i dont have to hit the switchs all the time.

DD

same here, im still wondering on what im gonna use too.

Joe

I use a flip swith for both OD & LU
I wouldn't mind one day swapping in a complete wiring harness and computer so this sucker will go into OD and lock the converter on its own.

The trans shop we bought the parts from said we could use oil pressure switches. I installed the switches and it went into OD then lockup while I was in 2nd gear at about 20 miles an hour:doh:. The pressure is too low on the switches. I am still thinking about this method but adjustable switches like these.
http://www.alcohol-injection.com/water-injection-parts-3/adjustable-pressure-switch-1.html
The only drawback is they have to be mounted in a weather tight container.
I will hook up an oil pressure gauge when i get it back from the AC shop. to see what the pressures are at a given speed . If it were me driving it I would have run the switches and been done:hehe: If there is interest in this I will post my findings. Rich

The trans shop we bought the parts from said we could use oil pressure switches. I installed the switches and it went into OD then lockup while I was in 2nd gear at about 20 miles an hour:doh:. The pressure is too low on the switches. I am still thinking about this method but adjustable switches like these.
http://www.alcohol-injection.com/water-injection-parts-3/adjustable-pressure-switch-1.html
The only drawback is they have to be mounted in a weather tight container.
I will hook up an oil pressure gauge when i get it back from the AC shop. to see what the pressures are at a given speed . If it were me driving it I would have run the switches and been done:hehe: If there is interest in this I will post my findings. Rich
the psi selection on those switches are less than the oil psi switches. which will make it go into od and lu even sooner

the psi selection on those switches are less than the oil psi switches. which will make it go into od and lu even sooner

The oil pressure switches are no higher than 55psi the adjustable ones go up to 120psi Rich

The oil pressure switches are no higher than 55psi the adjustable ones go up to 120psi Rich

if thats the case let me know how this works, my brother turbojoe has to flip switches all the time- its rather annoying to watch it.

Thats what we are working on. Their switches did not work right They said this is because of a lower gear ratio. So we are working on higher pressure switches. Rich

I have the factory dodge wiring harness and PCM I will use if I'm able to run the 47rh in mine. Turbojoe did you have any issues with torsion bar crossmember being in the way of your case?

I have noticed with mine that i can leave od locked all the time and it will shift down on its own, it will shift back but it does it fast right after it shifts to 3rd gear. Seems to be fine for me.

I used 2 toggle switches and installed an oil pressure gauge. Using a gps it seems to be at 90 psi at 45 mph so I ordered the pressure switches in the above link (post 5) and should have them soon.I think this will work next project will be the speedo. Rich

If you are wanting to run a mechanical speedometer I think that same company sells a speedometer drive that has the input for a speedometer cable instead of a sensor. That is what we used on thi\e 91 F-350. I will post up a link when I find it because I need one too.

I have the factory dodge wiring harness and PCM I will use if I'm able to run the 47rh in mine. Turbojoe did you have any issues with torsion bar crossmember being in the way of your case?

YES, WE HAD TO MAKE A CUSTOM CROSSMEMBER FOR IT, USING THE STOCK ONE, AND CUTTING OUT THE MIDDLE, BOXED IT AND MADE FLANGES TO BOLT THE CENTER (MOVED BACK)IN. PM ME YOU # AND I WILL SEND YOU A CELL PHONE PIC- BY THE WAY I AM TURBOJOE'S BRO THAT BUILT THAT CROSSMEMBER

If you are wanting to run a mechanical speedometer I think that same company sells a speedometer drive that has the input for a speedometer cable instead of a sensor. That is what we used on thi\e 91 F-350. I will post up a link when I find it because I need one too.

Thanks Diesel Wrencher The plan is to use the factory speedo and use an adapter to change the dodge signal to a chevy one. I have the adapter I just need to find out the the wiring for the dodge sending unit. Rich

YES, WE HAD TO MAKE A CUSTOM CROSSMEMBER FOR IT, USING THE STOCK ONE, AND CUTTING OUT THE MIDDLE, BOXED IT AND MADE FLANGES TO BOLT THE CENTER (MOVED BACK)IN. PM ME YOU # AND I WILL SEND YOU A CELL PHONE PIC- BY THE WAY I AM TURBOJOE'S BRO THAT BUILT THAT CROSSMEMBER

My phone dont acept pics. I believe this engine combo will go in my Ford now and the 6.5 will go back into the burb and it will be sold.

Back