What block is this?

TheOdgeMan

do it, even if it's wrong
Need some help i wanted to find out if this is a good block it came out of a HYDRO-AX.

Attachments

• IMG-20130124-00334.jpg
    IMG-20130124-00334.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG-20130124-00336.jpg
    IMG-20130124-00336.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 0
It's not a 53 block. It says it's a 54 casting. No issue there. But that doesn't speak anything to the shape of the block itself.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Looks like a STORM block from 97-02 trucks or whenever for off road stuff.

It look's like it has more beef to it then my other engine's. And all the holes for the oil line's that go to the injection and vacuum pump are sae not npt.

Looks like a STORM block from 97-02 trucks or whenever for off road stuff.

This^

It's obviously not a CR block, lack of webbing on the side. It's got the 2 freeze plugs down by the oil pan into the crank case so like Travis said its the newer block. The older ones only have 1 freeze plug into the crank case. So it's also got 12mm mains.

And yes the oil feed to the injection pump and such are different.

Last edited:
I will have to look at it when i get home i'm offshore but a think it had 14 mm mains.

it should be 12, if it had 14mm mains it would have the extra freeze plug, and only one turbo oil drain on the passenger side of the block

I hope it's a good block to use for my build. When i get home it's all ready to install the 6.7 crank carrillo rod's and pistons in it. I still need to get the cam on the way so i can check for clearance with the rods.

Back