What bulbs in the fog lights on a 01?

bsmith

Never enough
I want to buy some hid for my fog lights. The slyvania site hast worked for me the last few times I tried it.

Thanks

It should be an 880/896 base. I have good luck with DDM tuning stuff. Stay away from the big metal box type ballast. I bought some slim ballasts from DDM and haven't had any more trouble.

It should be an 880/896 base. I have good luck with DDM tuning stuff. Stay away from the big metal box type ballast. I bought some slim ballasts from DDM and haven't had any more trouble.
Thanks! Their cheap too, I'm gonna order some soon. How long you had yours?

Thanks! Their cheap too, I'm gonna order some soon. How long you had yours?

Probably 2 years now. For $60 you can get high/low for the headlights also. The only problem I had with the stuff I ordered were their fuse holders are junk. They don't seal well and get crap in them and start to corrode. I cut them out and installed rubber ones. I have had 4 kits from them and thats been the only problem.

Last edited:
Probably 2 years now. For $60 you can get high/low for the headlights also. The only problem I had with the stuff I ordered were their fuse holders are junk. They don't seal well and get crap in them and start to corrode. I cut them out and installed rubber ones. I have had 4 kits from them and thats been the only problem.
Thanks I'm gonna order some tonight. What colors are yours? I'm gonna go with 6k.

Make sure you get 35 watt bulbs and ballasts. The 55 watts will destroy the small fog light housings.

I have had 3500k, 6000k, 8000k, 10,000k, and 12,000k through the years. I like 6000k the best. Usually burnt wires are from crappy high wattage bulbs. The 55K can melt the housing it self.

Back