what could cause's this

bigorange

ok so when I'm going up hill in 6th gear pulling about 40psi boost and let out of the it, (for what ever reson corner or cop car ) and then get back into it sounds like an exhaust brake comes on and my truck shakes but if i down shift all is good, what could cause this , rail pressure holds at 22k and fuel line pressure holds. I was woundering if it could be a wast gate problem? or something, I'm running smarty on sw 3 lowwest timing and mp8 on 30%. any tips would be great.

thanks shane :Cheer:

not a tranny issue, motor almost feels like it cuts in and out realy fast .

only below 50psi and only when I get out of the fuel and the boost falls and then get back on the fuel boost will start to rise but then it starts to surg and I alway get out of down shift rise rpms and all is good.

just sounds like compressor surge, i dealt with it a few times pulling hills in 6th, slowed down and rolled back into it and it would surge, had to downshift to get thru it then back to 6th and it was fine to cruise unless the rpms dropped too much again.

I would also suggest compressor surge or possibly turbo bark but I doubt the second choice. What are the specs on your turbos? A 64/65 would surge more than a 64/71.

just sounds like compressor surge, i dealt with it a few times pulling hills in 6th, slowed down and rolled back into it and it would surge, had to downshift to get thru it then back to 6th and it was fine to cruise unless the rpms dropped too much again.

sounds alot like that, so it's just the nature of the beast

the turbos are htt 64/13/71 over an s480.

thanks shane

Your turbos should not be Surging. I had the same set and never had a surge of any kind even while towing

Back