what does this code mean

Sawed off

Party Like A Rockstar!
Ok I looked at the dtc sticky about this and also my buddy put a scan tool on my truck last night. The code is a P0402 EGR flow Excessve It comes out being a Exhaust gas recirculation flow excessive detected egr valve sensor falure. How can I test this to see if its the problem?? It Just came on when I put the cold air intake on my truck. And we deleted the code last night on it and it came back this morning. My sponsor called me yesterday and told me that they diddn't hear anything about any problems. They told me to check for air leaks and to see if any harnesses are not on there. Thanks guys

holy crap I saw your psn thread before this and guessed the code right!! nice.

holy crap I saw your psn thread before this and guessed the code right!! nice.

You have any ideas on how to fix this bud? Do you think that it was just a fluke deal on this code showing up when I installed the different air intake? My sponsor talked to Amsoil today and they said that they never had a problem with any codes showing up. They also said that with other brands that they tested it never had a problem.

not that it was a hard code to guess or anything. but yea what nummit said. your truck is just a sensitive sally. lol I had 2 p132b's pop up after my afe but it went away on it's own...I think after the filter started to get dirty. I'm not sure if cleaning the maf sensor would help cuz that could just make it more 'sensitive'.

i had the same problem after i installed my intake and filter(green from quadzilla). once i put the stock one in the code never came back on. i tried an airaid drop in filter (before i knew how good stock actually was) and havent seen any more lights. i sold the first filter to a guy at work and told him what it did to my truck and that i thought i had a sensitive truck but his did the same thing. i suggested that it was to much air and to try a sock or somthing to prefilter the filter and not flow quite as much and once he tried it the light never came back on. kinda defeats the purpose of flowing more air if you restrict it but i dont want to stare at a mil on my truck.

i dont think it will hurt anything but any mod that sets a code on my truck gets removed. that injen system looks sweet and costs an arm and a leg. i would advise anyone against running with their engine light on because if something does go wrong, the light is already on!

i dont think it will hurt anything but any mod that sets a code on my truck gets removed. that injen system looks sweet and costs an arm and a leg. i would advise anyone against running with their engine light on because if something does go wrong, the light is already on!

Good Point! I just can't believe that I had to spend that much money on the thing and I have to take it off now That sucks man:doh:

Back