Votes: 32 21.3%
  • 4th low

Votes: 61 40.7%
  • 5th low for the 5600s

Votes: 18 12.0%
  • 2nd hi

Votes: 30 20.0%

• Total voters
Crap I cant remeber but I was around 4 coming out till I dumped it then it pulled down I know to 3??? . the 2nd hook I was at 4500 coming out and stayed at 4000+ but it only went halfway thinking to myself what went wrong I looked and I was in 2wd, that sucked LOL .. Clutch is working like it should now Terry sent me 2 new clutches (betterpads) redone my PP , on the road it will start rolling out around 3500 and I cant hold the pedel I like that

At 3000 RPMS my wheel speed is 26+(from the calculator) I was more than that but I wasnt hooked nearly what I should have been , I have been getting the MPH from other trucks and there RPMS and just doing some figuring on wheel speed compared to ground speed

I was just a hare faster than the truck that one the event we were both 25 mph I had just a point or 2 more than him ,they reset the sled after me ( lighten it up)

But IMO thats way to much of a gear around here in KY the tracs for the most part are pretty decent and hook good , I was 700lbs under the limit too most guys were 8500 I was 7800 but I wont go over 8000

By the looks of your pull, that gear looked great! I'd just ride the clutch a second longer out the hole to get rpms up a little & I think you'd be set.

I've run 4th low also. What rear ratio do you have and what size tires?

I have 3.73 gears and 33" tires and I pull in 3 hi. I've tried 6 lo but boot blew half way down the track and haven't had another pull to try it again.

alot of i depends on gearing and tire size on what gear to run like me i have 4.10s 33s and 420hp 870tq and i pull 4th 4low and run 2950rpm down the track

Common rail/G56 pullers....

Hey guys. A buddy of mine has a 6.7 cummins putting about 500hp on the ground. He has some XD diesel 18" wheels and 32 or 33" toyo A/T's i believe. He is running a G56 and a 3600 South Bend Dual Disc. He has 3.73 gears and a stock charger. He will have blocks, traction bars, and probably hanging weight. Id say 3300rpm is about all he has to play with.

What is a good gear for him? He was thinking 4th low? Does that sound about right?

Eric

i would try that. if not then go with 2nd hi or 3rd low. this is in terms of the NV5600. should be similer. he may be looking into replacing the intercooler along with some valves if he plans on pulling it too much. tell him to watch those EGT's cause that charger will let go fast if these motors are like the comn rail 5.9 with heat!

He has a 64mm charger and manifold coming, so he will have something ready to swap right on, but he wants to try pulling work stock a few times first.

Eric

All gear related posts will now be merged into this thread. This is exactly why I have the "newbee's read before posting" sticky. Do a friggin search and chances are you won't have to start a new thread.

-Tom

At 4000rpms my fuel pump cuts off so I turned off my 4000rpm tune and it wasn't runnin the best with the new tune so back to the old tune

I have broken the mainshaft in my NV5600 once in 2nd high range. I try to pull 5th low everywhere I go thats with 4:10's. I'm working on the right tire combination. I have 33 12.50 17 sts's up front now and I have 4 BFG Mt 285 70R17's in the back. At tampico last weekend I ran the sts's up front but I put on 2 basically brand new bfg mt's on the inside back on my dually and I snuffed it out at the end. I'm going to put my worn BFG MT's back on the inside so hopefully I can pull that gear without snuffing the charger. Dan def. hit the nail on the head when he said a lot of depends on the turbocharger you run. I changed a few things that pull but the new bfg mt's on the back inside I feel hurt me. Tell me what you guys think

YouTube - Mason Bowling Tampico truck pull 2009

Back