What happened?

i know on the second one, the input shaft let go, which caused the rpms to go way up. Not sure about the first one.

Are you sure about that??????? I am pritty certain that the second vid was when they broke the front end and it locked up rear tires were still spinning and the front tires were locked up. That pull was at houston last year.

Van said 7600 in one of the Mags about the Houston event, they even had a pic of the tach pegged.

Jim

Van said 7600 in one of the Mags about the Houston event, they even had a pic of the tach pegged.

Jim

i believe you are right on that one. but it would be interesting to know what broke on the other pull even though it was a year ago. if you watch it close enough it looks like something broke in the front cause the back of the truck lifts up. just what it looks like to me

The first video it looked like something in the tranny or tansfercase went. Couldn't tell what happend in the second video because the camera was so far away.

I think that first vid is when patty said they locked the rearend up broke the driveshaft all the power went to the front end and broke the front end and they turned the 7500rpms and the engine went bye bye. That might not be the video but that happened one time for positive. Patty said it was their worst loss.

The second video i am 100% positive they broke the front end. the truck stopped so fast the rear tires almost came off the ground and the sled hit the bump stops. I went back and talked to patty when they were working on it. they had it up and going again the next day.

from what the iv read both times it hit over 7000rpms but only broke it once i think it was the first video. thats just what iv read.

the 2nd time the drop box broke. it hit 7,000 rpms the 2nd time but it diddent hurt the eng that time. the first time it completly destroyed it.

First video the rear went, and then the front went. It trashed the engine bad enough that it knocked the starter off.

Back