What is a 3LM?

Isn't it made by Schwitzer? Is it a variant of an S300? What is it comparable to?

Yes they're made by Schwitzer, but it is nowhere near an S300... The shaft is smaller than the HX35/40s and I haven't personally seen one with anything bigger than a 54mm inducer. Even then, the 54mm inducer is like a 16 blade, shallow pitch, short wheel with a small exducer size. IMO they're as useless as the T04 commonly found on AG equipment (so is the 3LM). They're so bad that even an HX35 is an upgrade :bang

I'm assuming your talking about a turbocharger like a 3LM-466. This is a 2.5" Charger, they also make a 2.6 and a 2.8 Inch Charger. <Don't know part numbers, but they are made for these factory farm classes where you have to run 3LM's

That's the one I meant. Don't think I'll even bother with them. The Holsets are easier to come by anyway.

I'm assuming your talking about a turbocharger like a 3LM-466. This is a 2.5" Charger, they also make a 2.6 and a 2.8 Inch Charger. <Don't know part numbers, but they are made for these factory farm classes where you have to run 3LM's

I've never seen a stock 3LM anywhere near a 2.5 inducer... People stick a lot of money into them to stick with the 3LM frame/housings, but the wheels/shaft/bearings are completely custom. Honestly, with the kind of money people put in "farm stock" tractors they could have had a moderately built hot farm that wouldn't be anywhere near the gray areas of the rules $.02

That's the one I meant. Don't think I'll even bother with them. The Holsets are easier to come by anyway.

Good choice, so long as your rules limit you by inducer size and not by frame (ie 3LM only classes) the holsets have far superior flow not only in their wheels, but the housings in general. Not to mention all the S300/400 choices as well as the Garrett options :Cheer:

This is all kustom stuff for a truck 466. Just trying to nail down something good at a good price. No rules at all! The GT38 & GT40s didn't look too bad on the size, but too many combos to know which ones are the ones to get. Holsets are by far, easier to acquire. I'm only looking at the HX40 or 50 for what I need.

This is all kustom stuff for a truck 466. Just trying to nail down something good at a good price. No rules at all! The GT38 & GT40s didn't look too bad on the size, but too many combos to know which ones are the ones to get. Holsets are by far, easier to acquire. I'm only looking at the HX40 or 50 for what I need.

I'd shoot for the 50 personally, yeah the smallest housing you can find is a 23cm, but that isn't that big of a deal with a 466 LOL A little more room to grow than a 40 and a larger shaft dia for a little better strength/reliability :Cheer: Maybe try an HX52?

I thought I saw a 50 with a 19cm, but I could be off. That would really be the top of the line. I thought of running the JR Adkins Pro52, so it could spool up a shade quicker. Price is a factor, but is surely an option. It would really be nice to have a part number or application of a quicker spooling 50.

give me a couple days I will find out where they got it from had a 19, 21,23

i am runnin a 2.8 3lm. its actually a hx50 center section and hx50 3" exhaust and 2.8 comp wheels. the 3lm housing bolt right to the hx50 center and they just machine out the housings to fit over the wheels. i am runnin my 19cm housing on it though. also you can get a 17cm.

Back