What is a good Hot Farm starter tractor

joelc79

What would be a good tractor to start pulling HotFarm? I am looking for something less expensive but worth putting money into. Where is the best place to look.

IH Case are the cheapest, usaually the 66 series is your best bet. If you can find a good 1066, thats the way to go. For all the tractor stuff, look at pulloff.com

I have a 1066 that I would like to sell. It has been sitting for a couple of years and needs to be re wired, but its still in good shape.

Cheapest and easiest would either be IH or JD..... Or go different like us and go AC lol

i have a neighbor that is thinking about sellin his tractor. The tractors name is spoiled and runs the ITPA class with it. It is fireringed, truck pistons and head scheid 3x3 turbo (3500$) cam from Jeff suits, needled rear end, kennys triple disc clutch. Torque does need rebuilt.This is just the basic stuff i can think of. There is tons im forgetting im sure. I think he was asking around 27K. If any body would be interested, just let me know.

Tim

I'm lookin to do most of the work myself, kind of learn as i go type thing. I havn't been around the tractors to much

we built ours from scratch and put mccormick sheet metal on it and it was definitely a good experience but ih is the definitely the cheapest hands down. do you plan on pulling a league or just go to various pulls?

my job doesn't give me the freedom to be as involved as i would like to in my diesel minded hobby, however it does pay for it so... The trade off is get what i want and enjoy it when i can.
If thats your tractor in your avitar its sweet!

thanks! yup thats what we put together but even if you dont join one you still will have a blast going to what you can, but I know depending where you go hot farm means different things, my tractor is a hot farm for us

Your tractor in your sig is considered Hot Farm Stock?!?

Holy ****, around here it seems hot farm is water injection, more cubes and maybe a cam.

Nice tractor man!

yea for us it goes hot farm, pro farm, super farm, pro stock, super stock, our rules are stock manifolds 466 cubes 3x3 turbo, water inj. 20.8 38 tires single cut only, no billet heads or blocks but really anything else goes go to http://www.bstponline.org thats who we pull with and you will see the classes they offer, we are the smallest class of the "smokers", but our class is around 1100-1200hp to finish in the top of the class

I'm new to comp d so I may not be going about thus the right way, but I'm looking for a 10 or 1466 for sale. I've got a 466 motor I'm 'tweaking' but just need the tractor. Any help would be great!!

White 160

I was interested in the 8.3 cummins white, can you really make them competitive with a 1066 without blowing the bank? Don't get me wrong I really like 1066's but I would like to do something different and there aren't any whites pulling around me at all.

I was interested in the 8.3 cummins white, can you really make them competitive with a 1066 without blowing the bank? Don't get me wrong I really like 1066's but I would like to do something different and there aren't any whites pulling around me at all.

I dont see why a 8.3(505 ci) should have ant problem running as good than a 400 series ih. Im p-pumping a 24v ISC 8.3 and would love to run a 8.9 ISC in a tractor with the same setup. same here-like 1066's but tooo many pulling already.

It really depends on how much work you are willing to do and how much money you have to spend... most tractors are not what the sheet metal says. I once knew a guy who had a dt466 crank in an allis block... so anything can be done.

Back