What is a Torqueshift core worth?

nummit

To make a long story short, my tranny is junk!!! The 04B24 reverse planetary recall that was done on my truck didn't prevent the problem it was supposed to prevent. Actually, it caused my transmission to fail.
Anyway the dealer says they are pretty sure the case is no good, so it needs a whole new unit not just a rebuild.
Ford is only willing to pay 50% of the repair cost since my warranty expired 6 months ago, so I'm looking at about $2000.00 to fix my 2004 Superduty XLT Lariat with 28,000 miles.
If I'm going to pay 2 grand I was thinking I would be better off with a complete Suncoast transmission since they list them at $3428 with no converter. The problem is there is a core charge and if my core is junk I don't have a core for them. Anyone know what the average core charge is for a Tqshift tranny?

Go to fleabay they had a core on there the other day for a couple hundred bucks, just search 5r110

when do you need the transmission by Pete? I have one with 62000 miles on it with nothing wrong with it.

I have a 5r110. stock one with burnt clutches and a good converter 300.00

most core charges are 1000.00

other one i had is sold sorry for the edit

Last edited:
Back