What is the best track bar?

mcspeed.1

Let It SNOW!
I've got the freeplay issue again and am tired of the stock track bar from Dodge failing. My 98 has a 5 inch skyjacker lift with all the ness brackets and this is the third trac bar I have had go bad in the last 90,000miles. Now don't get me wrong, i'm all about driving things that are exciting but come on, this situation has gotten way out of control. Has anyone tried the Lukes Links kit with any success or is there a propper bar that can be had for a realistic amount?

Good lord, you're driving around with a 5" lift and a factory style track bar? Don't waste your time with the Luke's link. Save your pennies if you have to and get some sort of an adjustable 3rd gen style adjustable bar.

definitely 3rd gen style track bar!!! hands down the best way to go. other than that, id say get one from carli

CL2000 I think that will do very nicely!! I think i'm gonna have to order two of them for both my trucks. I hope it will work ok with the 5 inch skyjacker kit that's on it.

CL2000 I think that will do very nicely!! I think i'm gonna have to order two of them for both my trucks. I hope it will work ok with the 5 inch skyjacker kit that's on it.

It should work fine I know they work with the 4.5 lift and there is a bit left. Its a typo that says 3inch. Youll be happy they are made with the best heims money can buy.

OK! Got it and it installed nice. While I was under there also spotted the nut on the steering box was a little bit loose, no problem rite! Wrong! someone either impacted it on so friggin tight and stripped it or removed the threads when taking it off for the lowered steering arm. Thought about welding it on. I know we wouldn't have a problem with free play if that were the case. Nope! Went the expensive route and put the shaft in and also got a new nut ( for the steering shaft that is) and put it all together and it steers nice and tight. Maybee better than any of the others Ihave experienced. Thanks for the track bar advice guys!

Glad to here it worked? You go with the poly performance?

Yep! I just had to adjust it way out for the 5" lift. Got over 1000 miles on it so far and would recomend it to anyone. Even thought the steering arm was loose it seems way better than my other 98. Guess, what's going to get one next? Yes, the poly 8500 bar.

Back