What is this probe and where does it go?

Longcummins

Green Ears & Red Neck
While upgrading my 2008 6.7 to a second generation manifold and turbo. I appears that I didn't label or tag a probe sensor. I cant remember where it is suppose to plug in any help is appreciated. Here is a picture of it. photo 1_edited.jpg

It is located on the air horn side and plugs into the wire harness that is attached to the throttle valve wires. If that helps someone remember where it attaches.

Looks like an exhaust temp sensor from the bottom of down pipe. If you have no hole to put it in then you most likely don't need it....

It is some type of temp probe but its not from the exhaust side. I have been deleted for about 3 years now. So I am at a loose, had to many beers after I finally got all the crap off to replace head gasket and install head studs.

I believe it goes into the stock intake horn. Intake heater sensor maybe I could be wrong. And it plugs into the harness with egr valve connector.

Thanks tarter6bt that is where I found the probe laying. So I will pull the horn back off to see if or where it needs to be reinserted, appreciate the help.

Should be directly under blocker plate on back side. You should see the hole.

Cool, like stated earlier I had a few cold ones while taking it all apart and possible did something that I wasn't paying attention to I will check it out tomorrow.

Well I took the air horn back off and figured out that this air temperature sensor plugged into the air horn at what would have been the temp sensor for the egr inlet at the air horn. Thanks for the help guys.

Your programmer would delete them I would guess. Most tape or zip tie them out of the way. This sensor in the post actually plugs in at the top of the manifold under the egr input on the manifold. After I found where it was suppose to be installed I learned that it now does nothing since all that epa stuff fell off.

Back