What is this?

nate

I found this in a box of misc. parts I have. I think it's for a Dodge truck? Any ideas what it is?

Attachments

• IMGP0695.jpg
    IMGP0695.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 61
  • IMGP0692.jpg
    IMGP0692.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 52
it's just a jumper to close a circuit. usually installed if there is an option for something else that isn't being used. They are used on all sorts of things. it'd be tough to figure out exactly what it went to.

It was in a box with some Dodge exhaust parts. Manifold gaskets, turbo gaskets so that's why I was figuring it was for a truck. Maybe it just fell in there from who the heck knows what LOL

Looks like the boost fooler for a 3rd gen 04.5 and up, when you change the charger.

Dave

Looks like the boost fooler for a 3rd gen 04.5 and up, when you change the charger.

Dave

He is correct...... on the newer trucks the boost is controlled by the computer.... Ask Solostyle what kind of a PIA it is to do a turbo w/o one ...

What do they cost to buy? I'm not sure where I got it from, but I have no use for it.

I'll give it to someone if it's just a $10 thing.

It's just a wire in a plug.. I am assuming that's all the boost fooler is? We have those all over the semis.

I'm pretty sure that's a Harbor Freight catalog page!

(what do I win?)

I think the resistance is 147K ohm, a pack of resistors at Radio Shack, is on a couple of bucks. Not as neat as the connector, but works.

That possibly looks like a wastegate fooler for a 2004.5 and newer.

Just installed one with a super B on a 2006

Malcolm

I think the resistance is 147K ohm, a pack of resistors at Radio Shack, is on a couple of bucks. Not as neat as the connector, but works.

Yep, i have been chasing a turbo underboost code on an '05 I put a ps62/14 on, anyway i had a meter on this thing friday........147.6k is what it read.

Dave

Back