What Mod Trucks are going Tube Chassis??

Tcolesanti

ALL NIGHTER
Which Mod trucks have you heard of, are switching to Tube Chassis for 2007?

-Tom

How bout you Tom? Gonna tear out the monkey bars at the local playground, add another "spinney whoopdey-bam," lock n stitch that soggy 53, five finger discount some tractor tires from unkie sam and go fishin in the land of fruits n' nuts? :hehe:

Just make sure I can get a poster for my wall if you do! :bow: :hehe:

Edit: Better add a new clutch for this one. LOL

Last edited:
Amish, good idea on that clutch...................hmmmmmmmm. Decisions ................. decisions.

Even if you went to a full on tube chasis where would you even begin to build one? there arn't any on the west coast to even look at to figure it out other then the Pro Mod Alki class out here, and then I'm sure there are differances, so who could build one? next for a resonable cost? and one that has been proven? and then to get one before our pulling season starts? in 2 months! I dought it could happen in that short of a time frame, Maybe the chasis could be built in that time frame but to assemble the truck in time? many sleepless nights a head for the guy that pull it off.

I'm throwing a tube chassis under my truck but will disguise it with stock-looking framerails.
Deiter won't catch it :)

Last edited:
see they could catch it now because you let the cat out of the bag, but what about the people that want to build a tube chasis sled puller? or have thought about it? I know you have to get the axles first to determine on what route you want to go with, then what kind of trans like a profab or SCS with a reverser, then you steering wheels tires, brakes unless you go drive line set up so we sre back to square one who could build a chasis that will meet all DHRA rules and get it SFI tagged?

HTRDDSL said:
see they could catch it now because you let the cat out of the bag, but what about the people that want to build a tube chasis sled puller? or have thought about it? I know you have to get the axles first to determine on what route you want to go with, then what kind of trans like a profab or SCS with a reverser, then you steering wheels tires, brakes unless you go drive line set up so we sre back to square one who could build a chasis that will meet all DHRA rules and get it SFI tagged?

No worries here, I'm staying in street class:)

I imagine its quite the project to build a tube-chassis pulling truck, I'd like to build one but don't have the funds.
It would be neat to see a step by step buildup pictures of the chassis, but I doubt we'd see that.

Bobcat698 said:
No worries here, I'm staying in street class:)

I imagine its quite the project to build a tube-chassis pulling truck, I'd like to build one but don't have the funds.
It would be neat to see a step by step buildup pictures of the chassis, but I doubt we'd see that.

I know what you mean it would be nice and maybe someday someone will step up to the plate and do so, I've looked around but can't seem to find anything so far, I cant be in the street class unless I do a hole lot, but I have feeling the Mod class out here is going to be pretty awesome this year, I just might sit it out and save some coin do some homework and watch to see what happens,

Did'nt Chris Watson have some build up pics posted somewhere of his truck "Still Smokin"???? You could probably get a decent idea of what needed to be done, no measurements of course but its a start. -Tom

Oh and by the way I am not going to build a tube chassis for this truck, don't worry I will stick to trying to run a super street truck in the street class......

Thanks
I would like to for next year but it all depends on funds at this point, I'm kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place here, If I go down a class I will have to make some major changes, and If I stay in my class, and have the truck DHRA approved I will have to make some major changes, what I'm thinking about doing is one of a couple of things
1. giving the truck to my daughter, she is 16 now and is getting her drivers license soon to soon!
I have all the parts to put it back to a stock condition with the exception of a couple of parts
2. drop down a class and pray I do not get my butt handed to me
3. stay in my class and get my butt handed to me
4. sit out this year and watch and learn
5.go back to the drawing board and wait a year
6. robb a bank, hit the lotto, so I could have more funds
either way it does not look good for this year

Psycho, welcome to the site, back half the Ford and put a cummins under the hood :)

BBD

First I got to get a chasis going but I think for the power plant I've got a killer idea, and you wont be disapointed, thanks for the welcome as well I had a log in before but I think it got discarded Its going to be a long time before you see much from me on a truck, I'm putting a lot of stuff on ebay to make some extra $$ even some of my artifacts that I swore I would never sell off,

HTRDDSL said:
but I think for the power plant I've got a killer idea, and you wont be disapointed,

Unfortunatly, think of that same power plant, two fold in performance, and I bet you will being seeing it this year in a mod class truck out East.

Give Preston a call up in Fortuna at P.O.D Racing Enterprise same place were Brad does his Dyno events he might be able to hook you up with a tube frame (707) 725-4523.

BBD

I think I have something in the works right now
thanks
by the way did you get my email?

HTRDDSL said:
I cant be in the street class unless I do a hole lot, but I have feeling the Mod class out here is going to be pretty awesome this year

What do you need to do to your truck to run SS? Take the nitrous off of it???:what:

BigBadDodge said:
Unfortunatly, think of that same power plant, two fold in performance, and I bet you will being seeing it this year in a mod class truck out East.BBD

Ben Miller ran his truck at SDX LAST year.

Back