What Size Single are you using??

Pat@BD

Comp Diesel Sponsor
We are expanding our line of turbochargers into our Trackmaster Series. These are going to be big single turbos that will allow you to match a housing to large turbos. What sizes are you guys running currently? What sizes are you looking for?

66, 68, 71/72, 75, 80mm Comp. inducers. Would be a start.

Last edited:
the borg sx series seem to be working quite nicely for hot rod street trucks. Part number 177101-A is the one most are using around here. It might be worthwhile to make them direct bolt to t3 manifolds and use standard hx40 outlets. Right now we run the t4 and have them machined to hx40 but that requires a expensive manifold or adapter that i personally dont like how it makes the install. Im not sure if thats exactly what you are wanting but a put together package with the oil inlet and drains for simplicity i think would be worth while if the price was right.

Its a 75mm compressor and the 83/74mm turbine wheel with a 1.10 t4 housing

Last edited:
t3 would be cool, with a lot of housing options. t4 is nice as well though. I would like to see more options in the .8 t4 range.

Im running a 75mm/88mm T4 .90 but i would like to try something like a 80mm/78mm T4 1.00 so it can still spool decent but flow more air.

Why the T3? Other than simplicity?

IMHO, if you're flowing enough to need a 71mm charger on the intake side, wouldn't you want the T4 to help with flow out of the engine?

Of course if you only have a T3 manifold it really won't help to have a T4 housing.

Here's the real question...would you buy a $1000 S471 with a .90 T4 and a $500 T4 manifold, or a $1500 T3 S471?
I know my answer!
Chris

Or with a 1.25 T6 , How would that do ?

i dont know. how much differance is there between 1.32 and 1.25? 100-200 rpm differance? doesnt hardly seem worthwhile. i personally think a t6 manifold is the best route . since thats what most pullers end up running anyway. I think they are wanting to do something alittle different than the other guys so simplicity for hot street trucks was just one thought i had.

if you want cheap then buy a box stock charger and a 100$ adapter and spend your time making everything work. Thats fine if thats what you want to do but we all know alot of people will pay convience fee's for ease and looks.

A t3 s400 model would be nice for use stock manifold turds. I dont see spending 500 bucks on a manifold.

if you want cheap then buy a box stock charger and a 100$ adapter and spend your time making everything work. Thats fine if thats what you want to do but we all know alot of people will pay convience fee's for ease and looks.

I paid $30 for my OBX t3/t4 plate and had to drill out two holds and countersink two others and it works great. If you don't mind a bit of work there is money to be saved everywhere i've come to find.

I paid $30 for my OBX t3/t4 plate and had to drill out two holds and countersink two others and it works great. If you don't mind a bit of work there is money to be saved everywhere i've come to find.

Agreed 100%

We are going to mainly be looking at using the T4 flange. We are going to have a t4 manifold then mount our t4 Diverter valve which will help throttle response with a big turbo and then a T4 charger. That way you are getting a bunch of different combination choices to dial in your boost to the power you are making.

A t3 s400 model would be nice for use stock manifold turds. I dont see spending 500 bucks on a manifold.

Look at ATS's A5000 It's not a special turbo, but the T3 housing is...price is high because of it;)

T4 and a new manifold should be approx. the same price as the same turbo with a custom machined T3 housing!

Chris

Back