What to do with NEG cables when removing battery

IC-Smoke

Oh SNAP!
Hey gang, Im ditching my passenger side battery to free up the engine bay and shed a little more weight.
My question is what did you guys do with the negative cables? I unbolted the one from the block and the small one to the fender but the other two with the "plug-ins" have me stumped, the one off the alternator Im guessing just ground it and the other goes to the wire loom... should I ground that too or run a thick gauge wire over to the only battery now?

Thanks
Ian

Hey gang, Im ditching my passenger side battery to free up the engine bay and shed a little more weight.
My question is what did you guys do with the negative cables? I unbolted the one from the block and the small one to the fender but the other two with the "plug-ins" have me stumped, the one off the alternator Im guessing just ground it and the other goes to the wire loom... should I ground that too or run a thick gauge wire over to the only battery now?

Thanks
Ian

I just grounded mine when I took it out .... that was 3 years ago .... no issues

battery.jpg

sorry its a cell photo

Last edited:
Take the cable out and reconnect anything that will reconnect. You need the one for a alternator/pcm ground.

Back