What to expect?

yoshi470

EDP Janitor
Well trying to get my last parts on the truck and get it ready for pulling. Just waiting on my gauges, hamilton springs, and head studs before i cut er loose. Right now im running an ED s300 T4 68/74/.91 non gated with ddp250s, (havent been touched), hamilton big stick, stock head and currently got the plate set at 400cc on my 215 pump (181 dv's). Now im just gonna be doing brush pulls mostly and maybe a few sancionted events here locally but i wanna get an idea of how much fuel is gonna be to much. Got 5k springs in the pump and hoping i can hold around 4k down the track. Dont really wanna be running 1800-1900 degrees down the track! We cant run water around here anywhere either. So where do you guys think a good starting point would be?

Anyone have an idea. Dont really care if the smoke clears up just wanna keep it around 1500-1600 down the pulling track.

Hook up a trailer, find a long hill and mash the pedal for 10 seconds. As Jponder would say, "Don't be skeert".

Haha i guess i could always hook our gooseneck up to it....might be a little touchy with the 5k springs!! But i dont think that would be a fair comparison to a pulling sled...speed, weight, rpms...ect. Any pullers out there got an idea?

ddp250 (haven't been touched) ??? you might want to get them set up for the p7100 pop off psi. mine was dead until i reset them . just my thought

Define dead? Mine ran fine for a few month before I had em changed

It runs smooth as can be right now and has great power just a little rough idle...not sure if its because of the injectors or the bigger lines or the gov springs.

ran fine ,smooth idle just was let down on the power output. i was ready to put the vp44 back on . i wasn't impressed. know that it is done i use the vp44 for a wheel chalk.

Chris from ED thought 400cc would be a good starting point said it should put me around 1400-1500* he thought. What do you all think?

Well got my ARP studs in today and still waiting on my springs and gauges. Also set the plate to 400cc, hoping to make it to a local pull this friday night. Anyone have a ball park idea how much boost my turbo is gonna push? And if i will stay under 1600 degrees if i can keep my RPMs around 4k

Back