What turbo is this? pics.....

hereismylife

Unknow at this time
I am trying to clear things up. I am trying to figure out what turbo this is?

Who knows the right answer?

Here are alot of pics of this.

TURBO pictures by j_k_auto - Photobucket

001.jpg

I can't read a the rust measuring device. If it was in my hands I could tell you exactly what it is...but it's not. Why don't you bolt it on and report back...that's what most of us do!

I can't read a the rust measuring device. If it was in my hands I could tell you exactly what it is...but it's not. Why don't you bolt it on and report back...that's what most of us do!

he tried that and didnt like it.

j_k, what exactly are the specs on it?

Garrett

No doubt! It looks to be a 18cm turbine housing, but that's just an educated guess. It also looks to have a comp wheel like the HY35 but that's just another guess. The goofy comp nut means it a goofy nut...nothin more nothin less. HX?? turbine wheel.

Last edited:
It is a

billet compressor wheel 60/86
exhaust 76/64
7 blade
18 exhaust
69 lbs

Wow that was simple! It's a Super40 minus a 16cm turbine housing!

It is a

billet compressor wheel 60/86
exhaust 76/64
7 blade
18 exhaust
69 lbs
Sure sounds like hx40 measurements. Looks and smells like a 40, hmm... Guess you want more of an explanation than that huh? Compressor has a snap ring like a 40, center section bolts to the turbine housing like a 40, backing plate yeah, wastegate actuator and rod yeah, 60/64.... turbine housing etc.. I would guess a newer hx40 or flavor/variant of an hx40 with a sensor provision in the comp cover. Throw a pic of the comp cover up and it should nail it down even more.

So what is it? Is this a test?

Sure sounds like hx40 measurements. Looks and smells like a 40, hmm... Guess you want more of an explanation than that huh? Compressor has a snap ring like a 40, center section bolts to the turbine housing like a 40, backing plate yeah, wastegate actuator and rod yeah, 60/64.... turbine housing etc.. I would guess a newer hx40 or flavor/variant of an hx40 with a sensor provision in the comp cover. Throw a pic of the comp cover up and it should nail it down even more.

So what is it? Is this a test?

K I added more to the album....Here is one of them...

3n83p43l45O65W15S0a44ca53278544e019.jpg

Back