what will my curent setup make

Well if this guy has some John Deere race turbo charger...that is where I need to be looking!!!

I don't see why people trust chassis dynos anyway, way to many variables to get a number you can trust...

I am new here i feel like its hard to make intellegent post or ask intellegent questions with out getting ridicuoled is it always like this?

I am new here i feel like its hard to make intellegent post or ask intellegent questions with out getting ridicuoled is it always like this?

You're doing fine. But yes, it is like this at first....until we make you quit or prove yourself.

This is 2013, not 1913 so there's no excuse for poor grammar.

THIS. Being raised by a single mother with a masters in Elementary Education/ Language Arts, I have grown intolerant of illiteracy to the point I almost lost my job because I corrected the grammar in a company wide letter sent to us in an email from our training supervisor and sent back via: REPLY ALL. This was not as funny to him as it was to me.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

LOL. I went to private school for all of 8 grades. Almost failed 3rd grade cause the teacher was a hardass old *****. She made me write a few hundred sentences once to improve my writing skills. She warned me before I started that if my hand writing got sloppy I'd have to redo the whole thing. I redone half of it before handing it in cause I knew that was easier than doing the whole job over. :hehe:

Cam timing has no direct effect on the injection event.

Keep in mind you're spraying waaaayyy out of the bowl at 33deg. If your engine is sputtering at 18 degrees you have problems.

The 160 pump will be your biggest holdup.

Yup,but it can contribute to the popping and stumbling. Ther is alote of variables to look at when it comes to making a truck perform the best it can...(as easy as a cam is to put in,its just as easy to put in wrong or with bad info can have a bad timing deg for what he needs)
Lots of variables :doh:

CompD should have a hp estimation program just like the one tied to ET/weight/ trap speed, only tied into mods. Shouldn't be hard to make up a program like that.:poke:

This is easy guy, here is your answer. You have a 160hp pump. That's 160hp. You have 7x0.012 injectors, they're what? 175hp? Okay, you have a 64mm turbo. That's 550hp. You have a 80mm. That's 1000hp. All you need to do is add them together to find out. 160+175+550+1000=1885hp. It's simple math really, see, people don't know, but the dyno forum is full of mathematicians. If you would have simply asked us to add your horsepower for you we'd have told you the answer right away. Horsepower is merely adding numbers my friend. It's like 6th grade math, only with more smoke.

Wait....does it have tow mirrors flipped out?? We need to know that as well as how much "coal" the truck will "roll".

The problem is, you're running an odd setup that nobody knows anything about, so you're not going to get any type of realistic answer, because people just don't know, so they're going to make up some response that sounds funny as a replacement for actual knowledge. Too much timing, too little pump, and a p-pump 24v, which isn't something that everyone has.

I have seen most 160hp pumps max out at about 650-700rwhp, so that would be my guess, as you have the air to support it.

Last edited:
This is easy guy, here is your answer. You have a 160hp pump. That's 160hp. You have 7x0.012 injectors, they're what? 175hp? Okay, you have a 64mm turbo. That's 550hp. You have a 80mm. That's 1000hp. All you need to do is add them together to find out. 160+175+550+1000=1885hp. It's simple math really, see, people don't know, but the dyno forum is full of mathematicians. If you would have simply asked us to add your horsepower for you we'd have told you the answer right away. Horsepower is merely adding numbers my friend. It's like 6th grade math, only with more smoke.

I've been doing it Wong this whole time?! Thank you so much kind sir! LOL

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

CompD should have a hp estimation program just like the one tied to ET/weight/ trap speed, only tied into mods. Shouldn't be hard to make up a program like that.:poke:

But that would put all the guys that own a dyno down and out. We would have no videos of a "street truck" oralling coal through the entire rpm range to view. :(

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

Back