What would you do?

If you want to use the supercharger to light the turbo, I'd get an Eaton off an 03/04 mustang cobra. It's similar to the kind Banks is using on their marine engine (10+psi at idle if I remember right), and it can be outfitted with a bypass valve so the blower won't have any parasitic loss at higher engine speeds.

CAPA : Eaton Superchargers

If you wanna stick with the Prochargerer, I'd spin the snot out of it and keep with the original compound idea rather than try to just use it to light the turbo. On my 2wd, the crossmember would have to be machined a bit for pulley clearance, but it shouldn't be a problem on your 4wd. I started talking to Paxton and Procharger about 3 years ago about this blower stuff so I've been thinking about it for a while ;)

As for a pulley, Hellman or Keating could probably make you one, I also talked to this guy: chopSmitty - Â*Home and he said he could do it if I sent him a balancer and the specs I wanted.

Didn't send a balancer, so I don't know. I'd guess under $500.

Smokem...96x87...1.32ar.

The belt idea is in the back of my head right now...i have to do a little more research but its looking like a chain drive might find its way under the hood. Despite the noise my only problem with it is the fact of what will happen when I let off of the throttle. Maybe a BOV will solve this problem...idk. If i can get the chain to work...any ratio is possible with out all the complicated step up's or belt slippage.

Jason...im going to stick with the compounding idea. If the chain works im gonna sprocket it to 55k to start with and see how it goes. Just dont know how hard I can push it due to the extra air that will be coming in from the s480.

Ty...all I can say is that I hope it works like I think it should. haha

Don't forget all the bends and welding ;) Besides, ingenuity costs money...

I agree the peak hp may not be much more, but why not try something new? I go to 5-10 events a year, and there isn't a single one where I don't see some dude burning his truck down trying to spool. Supercharging can solve all that. I've seen the dyno graph on the Banks engine, and nothing turbocharged can match it, VGT or no. If nobody is willing to try new things, we might as well all go back to stock.

Banks truck isn't running a centrifugal...

anyone who burns their truck down trying to spool because they're too cheap/stupid to spend a couple hundred bucks on a bottle, solenoid, and nozzle deserves what they get

Hey just cause I run two stages of spray doesn't mean anything....JAyers doesn't seem like the type that would resort to nitrous :lolly:

I prefer a second charger to nitrous, if possible. My truck has had nitrous on it before...theres nothin quite like spool up with a button.

Jayers you may have seen my set up kinda like your twins. What are you going to do with the S362/71 with a .80ar T3 gated housing?

I have a S362/71 with 1.0 housing N/G on my twins and looking for a gated 62..

yeah, because there's no bends or welding involved w/ a blower! :D or brackets ;)

sometimes ingenuity costs money AND performance! :eek:

Well there's a few bends and welds in there:

FNN_6-25-10_engine.jpg

Whose Truck is this?

This would seem like minimal fabrication, minus the intake manifold.

blown-59l-cummins.jpg

Jayers you may have seen my set up kinda like your twins. What are you going to do with the S362/71 with a .80ar T3 gated housing?

I have a S362/71 with 1.0 housing N/G on my twins and looking for a gated 62..

Ive seen it...sharp setup in a sharp truck! Love to see people spending money on the old boxes. As far as the charger, I sold it last friday.

Whose Truck is this?

This would seem like minimal fabrication, minus the intake manifold.

blown-59l-cummins.jpg

If I remember correctly that truck has something to do with PDR... Read somewhere on here where that pic was posted and the guy who built it chimed in. I'll have to look for it. I think racindually started a thread about superchargers and it went from there.

Back