What you think of this hitch

Allowing a hitch like that will open a whole can of worms. And eventually designs thing will get out of hand. I'd say make him make a new hitch that meets current rules. Reese style rules are fine, the only hitch rule I ever had a problem with was Wide Open pulling series hitch rule that states it must be commercially distributed. I guy that can weld and fabricate and make a reese style hitch that is more than strong enough and be very safe. But I think allowing a hitch like that will be a bad idea.

Thats even more retarded than mine LOL. I agree though, ID keep the rules the way they are. Go with factory style At 44" and leave it at that.... That will keep the playing field more level.

pulling hitch.jpg

Does this one work????? I would actually think this is a trick hitch.

Allowing a hitch like that will open a whole can of worms. And eventually designs thing will get out of hand. I'd say make him make a new hitch that meets current rules. Reese style rules are fine, the only hitch rule I ever had a problem with was Wide Open pulling series hitch rule that states it must be commercially distributed. I guy that can weld and fabricate and make a reese style hitch that is more than strong enough and be very safe. But I think allowing a hitch like that will be a bad idea.

Jneal, I found these pictures that you posted on the dieselplace awhile back. Please tell me how you can say you would not allow Addison's hitch but then run a hitch like you do? I do not think this is a reese style hitch either.

Attachments

• jneal 1.jpg
    jneal 1.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 123
  • jneal 2.jpg
    jneal 2.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 113
  • jneal 3.jpg
    jneal 3.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 110
Jneal, I found these pictures that you posted on the dieselplace awhile back. Please tell me how you can say you would not allow Addison's hitch but then run a hitch like you do? I do not think this is a reese style hitch either.

Those pictures don't show it but it has a 2" reciever that the adjustable hitch slides into. You just pull a pin, slide out the adjustable hitch and you can slide in a 2" ball mount and pull a trailer. That's reese style. Never had a problem being teched anywhere yet.

Plus the hitch in question has a pivot point.

Jneals is a solid meaing fixed nonmovable "receiver" hitch. There is a standard 2" receiver tube in that hitch. You can put an off the shelf hitch insert in it and tow a trailer. :rules:

There is no place in Addison's hitch for an insert. Most places will not allow that type of hitch.

Jneals hitch would be legal most anywhere. Unless they have OEM or aftermarket only rule.

Okay thanks for the explanation.

All Addison has to do is use a standard 2" reciever and he should be good to go right?

I would like to see a trick hitch. What do people use to lift it during the pull?

I would like to see a trick hitch. What do people use to lift it during the pull?

Never seen one, but I'd be willing to bet you could build it to slide up an incline in the frame once it is pulled on and return to the bottom of the ramp with a big spring....if you could hide all the innerds.

Okay thanks for the explanation.

All Addison has to do is use a standard 2" reciever and he should be good to go right?

Thats what I am going to do. I see no where in the rules where they could say I am not legal then.

What's really funny is they keep saying a Reese style hitch, have any of you looked into how many different style Reese hitches there are? 5th wheel hitch, gooseneck hitch, load bar hitch and draw tube hitch just to name a few. The rules suck and are open to whoever interprets them. If you mandate a receiver tube then you also assume all liability for mandating a part to be run that is not rated for it. The Max capacity for a receiver tube from Reese to tow is 14,000 lbs. Anyone around here care to state the weight of a sled. :doh:

If you want a draw tube it should be in the rules and if you put it in the rules then your responsible for it as an organization. AJ's hitch pictured is not trick, it doesn't pivot unless it is being adjusted. Once adjusted it's fixed in place which by the way meets the current rules. This hitch is 10 times stronger than most of any of the rest of them out there and give zero advantage in pulling other than being stronger and quickly adjustable which is required by the rules.

What you have here is someone crying because they lost a pull or two and want someone to blame other than themselves. A vote was taken by the members at the track and the hitch was voted OK and the rules would be changed to allow it. Now lubeowner is crying the blues and making up stories.

What's really funny is they keep saying a Reese style hitch, have any of you looked into how many different style Reese hitches there are? 5th wheel hitch, gooseneck hitch, load bar hitch and draw tube hitch just to name a few. The rules suck and are open to whoever interprets them. If you mandate a receiver tube then you also assume all liability for mandating a part to be run that is not rated for it. The Max capacity for a receiver tube from Reese to tow is 14,000 lbs. Anyone around here care to state the weight of a sled. :doh:

If you want a draw tube it should be in the rules and if you put it in the rules then your responsible for it as an organization. AJ's hitch pictured is not trick, it doesn't pivot unless it is being adjusted. Once adjusted it's fixed in place which by the way meets the current rules. This hitch is 10 times stronger than most of any of the rest of them out there and give zero advantage in pulling other than being stronger and quickly adjustable which is required by the rules.

What you have here is someone crying because they lost a pull or two and want someone to blame other than themselves. A vote was taken by the members at the track and the hitch was voted OK and the rules would be changed to allow it. Now lubeowner is crying the blues and making up stories.

Since you don't understand geometry I will give you a quick can of worms. If AJ's hitch is allowed and we do the whole 22" stuff that was talked about at the pull. A couple of trucks then put in 6" lift block in the rear of their trucks and get then way in the air. That lift the frame rails up , therefore they can mount the pivot point higher. The hitch will then come down at a pretty substantial angle to get to the 26" hitch height. When they are hooked to the sled there hooking point will act as if it is 22" instead of the rest of the trucks having 44" points. Aj's hitch is very close to flat (parallell to the frame rails), so no he does not have an advantage with that hitch. So you see it is not AJ's hitch that I am concerned about, it is how all the rest get built once you open that can of worms.

But hey since you don't understand pulling and hitch angles, this to you should just sound more whining that AJ beat me at the last pull. Please learn something about pulling before you add anymore advise.

Since you don't understand geometry I will give you a quick can of worms. If AJ's hitch is allowed and we do the whole 22" stuff that was talked about at the pull. A couple of trucks then put in 6" lift block in the rear of their trucks and get then way in the air. That lift the frame rails up , therefore they can mount the pivot point higher. The hitch will then come down at a pretty substantial angle to get to the 26" hitch height. When they are hooked to the sled there hooking point will act as if it is 22" instead of the rest of the trucks having 44" points. Aj's hitch is very close to flat (parallell to the frame rails), so no he does not have an advantage with that hitch. So you see it is not AJ's hitch that I am concerned about, it is how all the rest get built once you open that can of worms.

But hey since you don't understand pulling and hitch angles, this to you should just sound more whining that AJ beat me at the last pull. Please learn something about pulling before you add anymore advise.

As a matter of fact I understand geometry quite well. Once you fix the hitch so it does not move, as AJ's hitch is, and is currently required by the rules please post anything to support your guesses! There is no longer a pivot point once the hitch is adjusted and with the adjustment bolts in front of and after the pivot point it acts the same as a draw tube hitch does. They are no different other than the strength of the hitch. So I can take the flat bar out and replace it with a Reese draw tube and mount it just the same with no changes and it's completely legal and all that has been done is to make a weaker hitch! You already allow trucks to have lifts in them so all your listed guesses above are already in place and nothing changes! What pray tell do you think the reason for controlling the hitch point height from the ground at 26" is for but then again your rules don't do that like everyone else does. There is no rule that requires the hitch to be parallel to the ground in your rules or a rule that says it needs to be parallel to the frame, or what part of the frame it need to be parallel too, sorry but they are your rules. Nor is there any rule for much of anything about the hitch itself other than Reese style which is totally undefined so any hitch from Reese is legal. So everything you've list can currently be done and it's completely legal. That's the whole point here, your trying to dream things up to make yourself feel good with no knowledge to back it up.
The truth is you got beat by a better truck at the last pull, better luck next time!

There is no rule that requires the hitch to be parallel to the ground in your rules or a rule that says it needs to be parallel to the frame

Did you read the rules? There is something in there about horizontal, and I interpret that a parallel. Man, you are making yourself look smarter.

I have seen one that hooked the frame and the rear axle with pivots. The truck had some suspension travel. Basicly what would happen is when the truck squited it would cam the hitch up. Movable trick hitch.

Back