Whats a good price?

9cummins4

average joe
Im thinking of selling my truck. 147,000 miles with all the mods listed in profile. Plus a great stereo with kicker 10's and kicker resolutions mids and highs with 1500 watts of kicker power. B&W hitch, pro comp I beams. The truck is very clean, tires have 6,000 on them as well as most the mods. No leaks, squeaks, or body damage and never wreaked. What do you guys think . I got 16,000 into it?

Last edited:
If you sold it as it sits, $8500 to right high school kid with rich parents. To the average Joe, $7500.

If you parted out the power adders and returned the truck close to stock, you could probably get $7000 for the truck and $1500 for the go fast parts.

Any way you look at it, you're truck balance sheet looks about like a home purchased in Las Vegas in 2006, UPSIDE DOWN by 50%.

Depends alot on how it handles and what shape the interior is in. Is it fully loaded or is it bare bones work truck interior?

Interior is almost perfect ,and its a slt power windows, a/c, tilt, cruse control, everything work good and looks good. The front end is better than 90% of the dodges out there for handling. I got pro comp shocks, 1 solid steel adj trac bar, the steering stabilizer that ties the frames together and the steering box. I went threw the front end with everything replaced with top of the line car-quest parts. Upper and lower ball joints, wheel bearings, tie rod ends, and new axle seals. It handles better than a brand new dodge

The problem with your truck is three fold: its a 16 year old truck, its a single cab... all 94's are single cab, it's got low mileage.

Low mileage means you paid a butt-load for the truck at a car dealer because blue book values the truck higher because of the low mileage. The true story with dodge diesel pickups is that the motor will outlast the body. Therefore, your high priced low mile 94' is worth nearly the same as a clean body/freshly repainted 94' with 200,000 miles. When the motor in a truck lasts 500,000 miles or more, the price difference a knowledgeable person will pay for a low mileage or medium mileage truck is negligible.

The problem with your truck is three fold: its a 16 year old truck, its a single cab... all 94's are single cab, it's got low mileage.

Low mileage means you paid a butt-load for the truck at a car dealer because blue book values the truck higher because of the low mileage. The true story with dodge diesel pickups is that the motor will outlast the body. Therefore, your high priced low mile 94' is worth nearly the same as a clean body/freshly repainted 94' with 200,000 miles. When the motor in a truck lasts 500,000 miles or more, the price difference a knowledgeable person will pay for a low mileage or medium mileage truck is negligible.

Freakin spot on.

Well put

Back